Hello all,

Newbie here.

I have a program that I created, along with a drawing. I want to develop a new program, with a new drawing (using the pen). When I try to create a new drawing, it overlays the first drawing. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks so much!!!!
We'd need to see what your code looks like in order to be able to assist.

It's possible that you aren't clearing the graph screen before starting a new drawing

It's possible that you're recalling the pic var that you have your drawing stored in.

Without the code, it'd be difficult to give you a definite answer.
Thanks for your quick response.

I don't have the code for the new program anymore. Basically all I did was create a new drawing, and just got started with the new program.

I saw that the new drawing I created messed up the drawing in my original first program, so I fixed the drawing and got rid of the code. FYI I wanted to create several different drawings to use in this new program.

I realize your not being able to see the code will most certainly limit the solutions you'll be able to give me.

Would it be possible for you to explain how I should go about creating different drawings to use? Or...possibly a resource I could use? I have the book Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus...is there anything in there that you know of?

Thanks again Smile
Assuming that you want to keep the graph screen for future use of either a program or just to view it, you can save the entire graph screen as a Picture.
After you are satisfied with what you have on the graph screen, navigate to the Draw menu. Press right until you see StorePic. Select that and press [Vars]-4:Picture- and the picture you want to store to. After that you should end up with something like "StorePic Pic1" on your homescreen. Press enter to store the current graph screen to that Pic.
To recall that picture of the graph screen, run RecallPic Pic1 (or whatever pic you stored it to).
To clear the graphscreen, you can use ClrDraw at the beginning of a program.
Electromagnet8, thanks for your reply.

I did what you suggested, and it still takes the drawing stored in 2 back to 1 and overlays the first program's drawing.

FYI I am clearing the graph screen.

Also, I am using a pen for this drawing...do you know, am I even able to save pen drawings? Thanks!!
Yes, you are able to save pen drawings and any pixels that are on.
Are you storing and recalling two different Pic's?

How about testing this out? Before you run the code below, be sure to ClrDraw, draw the first picture, StorePic Pic1, ClrDraw, draw the second picture, then StorePic Pic2.

Code:
ClrDraw
Pause
RecallPic Pic1
Pause
ClrDraw
Pause
RecallPic Pic2
Pause
ClrDraw

Edit: On page 202 of Programming the TI-83/84+, there is a section that covers this topic.
I see the problem...the ClrDraw. Thanks for posting your code..I saw it right away Smile Newbie mistake. It's working now...thank you SO much! Rolling Eyes
No problem! By any chance, is this for a school project?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours