Is there a way to solder an analog stick on a TI-84+? The arrow keys are just not suitable for DCS. (It can be a fake analog module. Just to replicate the analog by pushing the arrows.) (I will cut a mold for it.)
I have no idea what you mean by an analog module. Can you be more specific? Perhaps if you adjust Doors CS's mouse acceleration options, the mouse movement would be more suited to your preferences. Alternatively, you could use Jerry v0.01 by BrandonW to connect a real USB mouse, or TabFunctions to skip the mouse interface completely.
I mean replace the arrow keys with an analog stick, mostly used on video game controllers.
Eightx84 wrote:
I mean replace the arrow keys with an analog stick, mostly used on video game controllers.

That sounds like it would be quite difficult, if not impossible. I believe that there is a way to connect a mouse, but I have never thought of using a joystick before. Could be interesting...
That's my summer project! Either solder a stick, or 3d print a model to attach to the arrows.
Eightx84 wrote:
That's my summer project! Either solder a stick, or 3d print a model to attach to the arrows.

Best of luck to you! Are you just going to replace the arrows, or find a way to link an external joystick?
replace. Or just mold one on top of the arrows.
Eightx84 wrote:
replace. Or just mold one on top of the arrows.

That's not a bad idea... But how would you be able to fit the case on it? Either way, this idea sounds like it could be rather cool when complete.
cut a hinge in the case so that it fits while the new "door" is open. Then cut a hole for the stick so that you can open the door and open your calc. Also as a bonus, I will try to make said stick spring-retractable (like pens.)
Eightx84 wrote:
cut a hinge in the case so that it fits while the new "door" is open. Then cut a hole for the stick so that you can open the door and open your calc. Also as a bonus, I will try to make said stick spring-retractable (like pens.)

Brilliant! Good luck, and I imagine that you would want to be rather careful when messing around with the circuit board... One accidental drop of solder on it and you can say goodbye to $150... Hopefully you have steady hands! Smile
What if that solder fixes the entire calc to overclock it even further than already accomplished? Smile
Eightx84 wrote:
What if that solder fixes the entire calc to overclock it even further than already accomplished? Smile
That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the solution I came up to for this back when I was in elementary school (so well over a decade ago) was a stick with wo horizontal slats coming out of the bottom in a + shape. The very bottom would be a flexible joint followed by screw threads, and the calculator would need a nut embedded into the plastic that the threads could screw into. If that's unclear, I'll try to dig up my diagrams.
Or I could use a Circle Pad from an N3DS.
KermMartian wrote:

Anyway, the solution I came up to for this back when I was in elementary school (so well over a decade ago)...

Wow, that takes some skill for a kid in elementary school! Very impressed. I didn't even get my own TI 84 until sophomore year of high school.

Anyway, Eightx84, hopefully you can make this work! Could be an interesting change in many programs...
I will try, only because arrow controls on DCS annoy me, and I cannot find a mini USB mouse.
Are you really using the n3DS' circle pad? that sounds like quite the challenge, I think. also, I noticed you mentioned a 3D printer above. do you have easy access to one of these?
My summer project is also to build one of those, and It won't be authentic of a circle pad.
The first thing i even made with USB8X was support for logitech gamepads so that they could interface with ASM games. I wonder where that went to ...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours