Is there any difference hardware-wise between the 84 plus and the 84 plus silver edition? If I look at mods for the 84 plus could I do them on my 84 plus silver edition? Please let me know if there is a part of this website for modding the 84pse.

Thanks in advance,
-Robbie
The only major difference in hardware that I know of is the memory size. The Silver has a removable faceplate. Software side, they both run the exact same opperating system.
There's essentially zero reason to buy the normal 84+ instead of the SE if you're interested in doing interesting things with it.

If you're just going to use it for math class and the normal version will save you $15, go for it, but that doesn't sound like it's the case here.

What do you mean by mods?
SE has more preloaded apps but that really doesnt matter if you are going to get into programming.
Yackback wrote:
SE has more preloaded apps but that really doesnt matter if you are going to get into programming.
It also doesn't matter in the sense that you can download all of those extra preloaded apps from TI's website, http://education.ti.com . Smile None of them are paid apps.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours