Not sure if this is where I should post...
I've had at Ti-84+SE for a while and I loved it. However, last week I was in AP Chem and accidentally spilled methanol on it. It stopped working for a few hours and then turned back on. It was working fine up until the weekend where I spilled milk. I was in the middle of working on my Plague Inc CE game ( just like the one by Ndemic Creations; all I did to do is work out how to put dna points in the game and make the graphics better, then it is done). So after the milk spilled, the calculator stopped working for good. A few days ago, I decided to open it up and see what was wrong with it. It turns the the ribbon cable was corroded and was starting to peel. Is this an easy fix? (I am decent with a soldering iron)
Thanks for any advice.

--Edit--
I have a ti 81,82, and an 85. Could I take the ribbon cable out of one of those to replace the one in my 84?
To answer one point, this is indeed where you should post this kind of problem. Beyond that, the hardware gurus (DrDnar, KermMartian) will have to post what can and can't be done about that cable.
Are you talking about the fine-pitched ribbon cable at the top edge of the LCD, since you mentioned that this is a TI-84+SE? Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about that, including transplanting an LCD from an older calculator. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Yes, that is the one. Well, at least I can use my Ti-Inspire as a back up.
Thanks Kerm.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours