I can't find what I did wrong. Help, please?
(download)
BASIC Code wrote:
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX XX XX XX XX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX→Str1
:DelVar I3→C
:3→R
:Output(1,1,"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X * X X X X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
:Repeat K=45
:Repeat max(Ans=21,24,25,26,34,45
:getKey→K
:End
:Output(R,C-I,sub(Str1,128R-128+C,1
:R+(K=34)-(K=25→R
:C+(K=26)-(K=24→C
:I+(C>I+15)-(C<I+2→J
:If I≠J
:Then
:Output(1,1,sub(Str1,I+1,16)+sub(Str1,129+I,16)+sub(Str1,257+I,16)+sub(Str1,385+I,16)+sub(Str1,513+I,16)+sub(Str1,641+I,16)+sub(Str1,769+I,16)+sub(Str1,897+I,16
:J→I
:Output(R,C-I,"*
:If K=45
:Return
:If K=21
:Then
:128R-128+C
:sub(Str1,1,Ans-1)+"X"+sub(Str1,Ans+1,1024-Ans→Str1
:Output(R,C-I,"*
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
Str1=8x128 map being editted
K=getKey
R=row
C=column in relation to entire map
I=index of map being Output starting at 0

There seems to be some type of error in the Output(R,C-I,sub(Str1,128R-128+C,1 line. After scrolling the outputted character is shifted left or right, depending on the direction of the move. I can't figure it out. :(
I may be wrong here (don't have my calc withing 5 feet (I know, bad me) to test), but Output may only accept 2 commas.
I might see what I can come up with later...
Output( does not accept multiple strings the way Text( does.
The problem isn't Output(. It only has one string argument.
It would be nice if you posted the error you are getting along with what line it takes you to when you hit "goto" for the error message
It isn't an ERR:XXXX. It just doesn't display properly. You would understand if you tried the program...
Can you permission it to writeable & writeable by all plz and post an XPI link?
...Could you reword that in "simple english?" Confused Laughing
1. Upload to SC2.
2. Choose Edit
3. Choose Save to My Projects
4. Click the SC2 logo
5. Select your program, click permissions. Choose 'everyone', 'everyone', and check "Post on Update".
6. Open Selected.
7. Save to My Projects
8. Select the link. and copy it here.
That's simple enough.
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php?xpi=5df968762a893f82fcad0d256e8390c3

I still can't find the problem though.
Specifics: does it display the wrong char in the wrong place, the right char in the wrong place, or the wrong char in the right place?
Right char in wrong place.
Ok, so it's this:
Code:
Output(R,C-I,
Wait I figured it out!
The error was in the display of the scrolled map, THAT was shifted over one. Laughing Laughing Laughing
You can close this topic, unless someone else needs it or has a question about my code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours