I tried to use comments in SC3. Using the normal format:
//Comment
As shown below is a piece of my math program. In SC3 the comments are showing as this light pink color, So I assume it understands that it is a comment.

Code:
//Adding the Factor to table of factors
If [C](1,2)=0:Then//Form: X=+A,X-A
[C](2,2)->[D]([D](1,1),1)
~1*[C](2,1)->[D]([D](1,1),2)
[D](1,1)+1->[D](1,1)
Else
If [C](1,3)=0:Then//Form: X=-A,X+A
~1*[C](2,1)->[C](2,1)
[C](2,2)->[D]([D](1,1),1)
[C](2,1)->[D]([D](1,1),2)
[D](1,1)+1->[D](1,1)
Else//Didn't find a factor

When I transfer the code over to jsTIfied it has put the comments into the code also, therefore the program runs into a syntax error every time. The same goes for if I export the code.

Since Ti-BASIC doesnt actually support comments, I'm pretty sure that they shouldnt be in the compiled code.
For the comments that are on the same line as a TI-BASIC statement, you need to have at least one piece of whitespace, like a space or a tab, between the code and the comment. For example, on the second line, you could have a few tabs between Then and // to make the comment get removed during exporting. Even a single space between Then and // would do the trick.
Oh ok, Thanks.
KermMartian wrote:
For the comments that are on the same line as a TI-BASIC statement, you need to have at least one piece of whitespace, like a space or a tab, between the code and the comment. For example, on the second line, you could have a few tabs between Then and // to make the comment get removed during exporting. Even a single space between Then and // would do the trick.

Why?
Runer112 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Why?

Because the tokenizer needs a space in order to keep things easier to implement, if you want to be picky the comment start is actually " //" and not just "//" it makes sense and makes it easier to have // inline in a string.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours