I have started work up on Age of Darkness Revenge, and am currently porting all 25 enemy sprites (16x16) to hex from binary. Before I got the hex 2 sprite prog made, I was going to limit the amount of enemies to about 10, but since hex will allow for smaller sprite sizes, all 25 will be added, and, I might even try to design more.

I also need to know, should I keep the random enemy pic that shows up on the menu, or should I take that off there??
*Definitely* keep it; it adds interest to the menu.
Thank you, I shall keep it.

I have one enemy sprite ported, 24 more to go...
All 32 enemy sprites have been ported to hex, and I now have 6 of them programmed onto the calc. Once I manage to get them all programmed in, I will see about releasing them, with a sprite viewer, so you all can see them, if you want...

Edit:

Ok, check out the prog: http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/downloads/viewspriteaodr.zip

What do you think?
Hmm, no one wants to comment? fine...

Anyways... I have 18 tiles crurrently being used for the map, once I get around to making the new mapping system...
nice. keep up the development.
Looking good, keep up the goot work.
Why thank you guys, I hope to have screenies up soon
Coolness. How about a beta? Smile
Probably 2 weeks away or so...

Did you try the program to view the sprites?? That is uber sweet Very Happy
I did, and I agree that it's teh uber.
I am in the process of changing the map system over to a string based version. The screen will be 7x11 in screen size, and I will make the attempt to remember how I made the hp bar...

Exclamation Exclamation Maybe the old Cemetech forums had it! I am gonna have to hunt that forum down...

Edit: YAY!! I found it!! Very Happy

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Cemetech/index.php?showtopic=318&st=0
that looks cool. keep up the good work.
tifreak8x wrote:
I am in the process of changing the map system over to a string based version. The screen will be 7x11 in screen size, and I will make the attempt to remember how I made the hp bar...

Exclamation Exclamation Maybe the old Cemetech forums had it! I am gonna have to hunt that forum down...

Edit: YAY!! I found it!! Very Happy

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Cemetech/index.php?showtopic=318&st=0

Laughing I visit that every once in a while, just to see what's up. All those "Image Not Found"s are fun. Razz
^_^

I am making a small prog to post up what tiles I have programed in, so there should be a screenie tonight with them on it. Smile

I might even have the new map system up and running tonight, if things go well...

Oh, and since the map system will be in strings, and I have to look at characters to see which tile I would need, I realized that I could use InString( to tell me which char number that was being called, and then all I would need to do is look for that number. ^_^ Another nice optimization... Smile
Word up. Glad you're finally getting this together again; I was unhappy that you had dropped it.
Well, the RAM clear did set me back quite a bit, but now, I have a much better way of doing things... Smile Now it will just be that much better. :)And I promise that once I get the maps, etc to where it was before, I will instantly make a new back up of the game. Wink
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, the RAM clear did set me back quite a bit, but now, I have a much better way of doing things... Smile Now it will just be that much better. :)And I promise that once I get the maps, etc to where it was before, I will instantly make a new back up of the game. Wink

Please do, that would be much appreciated.
Definitely Wink

Kalan Vod has helped optimize the sprite program further, and Spellshaper gave me a sprite to use for the burned down houses... Many, many more sprites are expected to make an appearance on this game. Smile

I am also expecting the map loading to be tremendously faster than the older matrix version, since now when it encounters a space, the sprite program simply returns.

Oh yes, I am also going to be changing all the sub programs to have the name begining of Z instead of C, to keep things at the end of the list.

I am hoping that tonight I will have a fully functioning tile mapping system going.
For some reason when I first read that I saw "...by tonight" at the end of your post. Very Happy Good luck with doing that (but not by tonight).

Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours