I shall search for it... Smile

Right now though, I have ALL the code wrote down on paper for saving, and I am lil more than half-way with putting it in the calc. It is funny, I seem to be able to program better when I write it down on paper first...
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I ever released my fast circle drawer. I'd better go check...
Edit: released. http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36122#36122
I am working on getting screenshots! I have save slot 1 completed!!
Cooool. Two slots total, right?
Well, after a month of bashing my head off the desk, not caring, and sometimes having urges to just shoot the calculator, I have done it. I have finally completed the saving routine for save slot 1. Save slot 2 will be identical, and will take less than 10 minutes to complete.

Anyways, first screen shot is when you first save:

The second screenshot is when you are simply overwriting a save game you are continuing:

The last screenshot is when you start a new game, and want to overwrite a previous save:

Wow, those are some awesome screenshots. You've really outdone yourself with the interface on this one! Good Idea
Why thank you sire, now to work on the other menu components.

I was also thinkin how awesome this game would be in asm... too bad... Smile
Yeah, I'm imagining it with some nice DCS6 GUI tools... Smile
lol, too bad the nature of this project was to push basic, with the only asm help being archiving Wink.
Yeah...well, I guess for your next asm project, you can reverse the requirements, so it's mostly ASM with only a little BASIC. Smile
Or no BASIC. Smile

I have also been giving some thought to porting AODR to C for the 68k, once I get caught up... and starting from there as it being #1, and AOD V for the 83+ would be #2 on the 68k, etc.

Anywho, now to copy, edit, and replace the code for slot 2...
Couldn't you just reuse the code for slot 2? Or isn't it quite that universal?
It would be nice if I could get the blasted exec( command to work with it, but sadly, it would not. At least, not do it in the manner I had. All I mainly had to do was change the 1's to 2's at the end of the list names, nothing really big. Now to work on the stats and skill displaying...
Yeah, I've been trying for ages to get stuff like this to work, to no avail:

Code:
exec("RecallPic "+N)
exec("StorePic "+N)
3-->exec("L"+Str0)
exec("3-->L"+Str0)
Well, until I can figure out a way, I will leave things the way they are.

I have started in on the stats screen. I was originally going to have a stat bar for some of the items that would require it, but only have it 4 pixels long. Well, I found out how much room I had left over, and was able to make it 25 pixels long, which adds to it in a way. Smile

If things go well for it today, I shall get a pic up tonight, tommorrow for sure.
Oh cool! You've actually given me some interesting ideas for improving the DCS6 GUI tools with this. Thanks!
lol, no problem. What are friends for? Very Happy

Also, check out: http://z4.invisionfree.com/TIFreakware/index.php?s=0e8cc4cc9ee31b6e8ecbf397c64a4b89&showtopic=412&view=getnewpost

I am implementing this into all the stats stuff as well. Smile

So far, things are progressing fairly quickly with stats screen.
That right-aligned number thing looks very nicely coded - you should post it under Tipz and Trix.
lol, but it IS in the Tips and Tricks section, just not on this forum. Razz I will see about putting it up later, once I complete the discussion.

As to AODR, people at UTI are starting to notice the project a bit better...

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=4902&pid=82033&st=20&#entry82033

Someone on the TIFW forums thinks it is being written in asm: http://z4.invisionfree.com/TIFreakware/index.php?showtopic=407&st=0&#last

stats screen halfway done...

Well, here is what the stats screen looks like so far:

And the number thing under GOLD is already fixed, so don't worry about it.
OK, good. How do those little progress/stat things work? Is that a dynamic program that you pass X,Y,progress vars to?

Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours