About
Hey everyone! I've been meaning to make a post about this project for a little while but somehow kept forgetting to do it, so here it is now!

A little while back I made a VS Code extension which adds syntax highlighting for TI-BASIC. The extension also adds code snippets, which were contributed by Hamburger317. The code (at least my part) honestly isn't the best since this is the first time I've made a VS Code extension, but feel free to check out the GitHub repository here if you want: https://github.com/TIny-Hacker/language-ti-basic

Screenshots

Conclusion
The extension is available on the Visual Studio Marketplace under the name "TI-BASIC" here, so you can give it a try if you want! Be sure to let me know what you think and I'll try to improve the extension overtime. I'd like to add support for intellisense at some point in the (distant?) future and possibly some way to open/save binaries that can be sent to the calculator as well, though I'm not sure how I would do that or the best possible way to go about it.
That’s pretty cool!

Since ICE is written in TI basic I can use it for that too Razz

(I can hear logical joe screaming at me rn)
Neat!
Update Time!
It's been a little over a year since I first posted about this extension, but in the meanwhile I've made a number of changes and finally released version 1!

The most significant change is made possible thanks to Adriweb's tivars_lib_cpp library, which I built with Emscripten and then used for importing and exporting 8xp / 83p files. This makes the extension much more useful, as previously you would have to use something like SourceCoder or TI-Planet's project builder to open the file, and then copy all the text into VS Code, which kind of defeats the purpose. Thanks to the ability to import and export, now everything can be done in VS Code!

Screenshots

Feel free to give it a try and let me know if you encounter any issues!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours