My TI84+ CSE isn't charging all the way. I leave it plugged in for an hour, and then when I come back to it it still says: It is recommended you charge your battery before your rom is reset. Is there any way to fix this?
I've seen this with a number of calculators. In some cases, it's because the battery is faulty. However, I had a pink TI-84+CSE with this problem, and five repetitions of letting the calculator discharge completely, followed by charging it for 24 hours, made the battery recover to hold a full charge again. Are you using the TI-provided USB charger, another wall USB charger, or a computer to charge it?
I am using a mix of usb chargers. I don't think I am using the TI charger that much. I am also using a wall adapter.
Well this problem has persisted to the point where it has at least 10 percent battery left, (accordig the DCS) I plug it in, and 30 minutes later it won't turn on. Any suggestions? It is getting real anoying to the point where my everyday use of it is extremely limited. Sad
Sounds like you need a new battery at this point. Try contacting 1-800-TI-CARES.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours