Forest21 wrote:

TOK is senior year

In my school, we take a semester of it junior year and the whole year as seniors. Your IB programme is so awesome. Ours is only like 3 years old so it's pretty n00bish. Sad
Quote:
AP Physics is normal physics, just accelerated for smart ppl.

Well, yeah, but my school requires you to take a non-AP physics first, and I was able to get around that Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
AP Physics is normal physics, just accelerated for smart ppl.

Well, yeah, but my school requires you to take a non-AP physics first, and I was able to get around that Very Happy
Ah nice, how did you manage that? Got connections or something? Smile
My IQ > High School Laughing
Psh, I'm not surprised, considering how your school sounds. Sad
Well, it is the #2 high school...in North Carolina; watcha expect? Razz Laughing

I can't wait until I graduate...then I can get out of this city full of dumfounded dipshits Laughing
Heh. What colleges are you thinking of?
After graduating high school, I plan on going to a Tech Institute, like Stanford, MIT, UAT, etc.
*cough* Cooper Union *cough*
*cough* It's too a cold up there! *cough*
Cold?! Are you kidding me? It can get over 100 F with insane humidity during the summer.
Yea, NYC doesn't really get that cold, although upstate New York and New England can get very cold.
Chipmaster wrote:
Yea, NYC doesn't really get that cold, although upstate New York and New England can get very cold.
Oh, it can get bitter cold sometimes, but we more than make up for it with broiling summers. Cool
I used to live right outside of NYC. Trust me, you haven't experienced cold until you have lived in New England Razz Even then, the northern mid-west can get pretty d@mn cold in the dead of winter, and I'm sure Alaska is no tropical paradise. I guess my point is that NYC has a fairly temperate climate compared to New England. I'm sure Elfprince can attest to that! Cool

Edit: After re-reading this, I sound like a wimp. Let me make it clear that I actually love the cold. In fact, I wear shorts year-round. I couldn't stand living in a place like Florida or Texas. I hate the heat! Bad Idea
KermMartian wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
Oh, it can get bitter cold sometimes, but we more than make up for it with broiling summers. Cool

Ha! you should try St. Louis weather - its crazy. It is seriously impossible for the weatherpeople to guess - and most of the time they all predict something different - and then they all turn out to be wrong.

Crazy temp swings too. Its cool now (~60-70), but just a couple weeks ago it was ~90 with crazy high humidity, so wierd.... we may not have the highest temps, but dang is it humid! (rarely does heat come with a breeze to make matters worse)
Chipmaster wrote:
I couldn't stand living in a place like Florida...
It's great down here. I enjoy living here every day. Smile
I've been there. It's not for me. I can't stand constant heat. Plus, I love to ski! Smile
See, I've lived in the tropics all my life, with my Dad being a Marine, so I've never (until fairly recently) ever lived in a place where it ever gets below 60 degrees Fareignheit, so I could care less how hot it gets, but if I ever need to wear a jacket for anything other than rain, it's too cold, especially if it's in the summer.
Are you kidding me? It's so much better for it to be cold than hot - in the cold, you can at least put layers on. If it's hot, you've just gotta suffer.,
I agree entirely with you Kerm, but I can see where you're coming from Ult Dev'r. I think we get accustomed to the habitat that we grow up in.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours