When I try to log out, I get an error that says "Invalid_Session". I am not happy about this because I am currently logged in on a school computer that anyone can access. Mad
Yes that happens alll time for me, it can really tick me off sometimes. I have thought of brining it up before but never got around to it. Please fix it Kerm, its not a good thing. Sad
I guess I'm going to have to try to clear the cookies on this machine...I guess that will also help the poor bastard whose blogger username and password automatically appear when going to that site.
Please get this fixed Kerm, I dont want to have to stay logged on, on a public compy anymore. Most of my posting is done on my school compy, so I am on it alot and so are other people.
He knows of this problem, I brought it up before. He said it might have something to do with the upgrades that phpbb let out...

I had to delete all temp files and cookies on my computer to log out, so that is what you will have to do, if you have access to that.
i'd guess the logout script is trying to alter a cookie who's name doesn't match that of the one that login creates....
I know exactly whats causing it. you can't use append_ssid() when logging out. You have to do it manually.
Aha, then it's something with my bot detector. I'll go to login.php and look around.
AAAHAHHHHHH. no.

its in your logout link in the sidebar.
You have to manually append the session id, you can't use append_sid() to do it for you.

Get a vanilla install of phpBB and look at how they do the logout link in the PHP source.
could it be a blessing in disguise that I can't access Cemetech at shcool? I never post on anothers comps unless in Portable Firefox/Opera (even if FF is on that comp)
elfprince13 wrote:
AAAHAHHHHHH. no.

its in your logout link in the sidebar.
You have to manually append the session id, you can't use append_sid() to do it for you.

Get a vanilla install of phpBB and look at how they do the logout link in the PHP source.
Oh duh, of course. I did that with all the other links, but I forgot to do it with the Logout link. Sad
do you understand what Im saying about doing it manually though and not with append_sid()?

[edit]
like so:

Code:

'login.'.$phpEx.'?logout=true&sid=' . $userdata['session_id'];
Of course I understand. Razz I made the rest of the links correctly...
the rest of the links aren't manually done.

:-p
Yes they are... Confused
Question can you post your code?.....

something is wrong with your sessioning.....you are supposed to use the append_sid() function for everything but logging and and (possibly) the admin panel....
Oh ok, I'll try it manually then.
which is what ive been saying....

you have to use the method from my earlier post for logging out.
Would it be a huge problem if I waited until the Cemetech0 migration?
KermMartian wrote:
Would it be a huge problem if I waited until the Cemetech0 migration?

Uh, are you planning on running this site off of Cemetech0? Because it probably won't work as you are behind a firewall and can't port forward....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours