I had this idea when i was sitting in class listening to a boring teacher...-
What if somebody wrote a game in some PC language and transfered
it to maybe assambling or basic for the calculator.

but anyway the game i had was like a Call of Duty game but on the calc.

it should have single and multiplayer with at least a couple of maps. and maybe a map editor (like delta force black hawk down).

i know it would be in black in white buy hey the game would be big.
Now the character i thought should be like a stick figure first person view type of figure. O...it should be in 3D too.

Now that would be one hell of a achievement on the TI Calculators. Graphing Calculator

Just an idea

Tell me if you like it or not

and if you can do it seeing i know little PC language expect basic.

thanks Cool

bking0
smooth-scrolling 3d games already exist on the calc, and they are insanely complex, meaning it is highly doubtful someone will make it for you...

however, you can see how much you can do yourself as there is a C compiler for the 83/84 series that I have created a few drawing functions for

Multiplayer would pretty much be out of the question, however, as unless I am mistaken, there isn't enough spare CPU cycles to run server/client code for the multiplayer....
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/328/32888.html

2 player is possible...
Haha...thanks Foamy! Yup, it would actually be insanely easy to make it multiplayer. I'd be much more concerned about all the "3d" stuff (I'm guessing it would have to use one or more of the methods of faking 3D) than the multiplayer.
you should port that to Asm Kerm.
foamy3 wrote:

2 player is possible...

thats not smooth scrolling Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

2 player is possible...

thats not smooth scrolling Wink
No, it's pseudo-3D with multiplayer.
All well it was just an idea. I mean all the 3d games out there our mostly just walls. I have never seen a game with terrian in it or buildings.

Just thought it would be cool. I don't know "C" so i thought i give an idea to those people who know "C"

isn't there a program where you can use one calc as a server and have up to 20 other calcs on it. I mean that would be pretty nice to have 20 people playing one game.

Bking0
There's something I, Kllrnohj, and Elfprince are working on that will allow connecting up to 253 calculators locally and an unlimited number globally...
Will you be able to play game with the 253 calculator like a multiplayer game? Like tankwars or doom.

that would be sweet!!!!

Bking0

Punctuation fixed...that was bugging me....--elfprince
That's the plan... Smile
I can't guarantee how well it would work for real-time games due to networking speed considerations, but it will definitely be an option for turn-based stuff.
Bking0 wrote:
All well it was just an idea. I mean all the 3d games out there our mostly just walls. I have never seen a game with terrian in it or buildings.

thats because even simple terain is extremely complexed. Look at old computer games, like Doom and Quake, and you will notice that they too are simple, square shaps with flat walls, and thats on a computer with much more RAM and a faster CPU compared to a calculator
Indeed. A very simply raycaster can be made at a fair speed in z80 ASM, but adding networking to that would make it unbearably laggy.
Ah well looking foward to seeing that program come out.

wonder if somebody will make a remake of the doom game and have it where you could have more then two people playing through the network.

Hey is there any good ASM toturials out there that are GOOD?

also i have a problem...i learning asm and when i go to compile using tasm...how do i do it (compile it) somthing about opening dos and typing asm project name. when i do this it comes up with a error and says it cann't find the resources or tasm or even my project.

help on this please? Sad

how do you make a 3d egine in Basic? Graphing Calculator

bking0
asmin28d is good.

several of us here have written 3d engines in Basic....I know Kerm and I have, and think somebody else has too, but I dont remember who that is.
Can you teach me how or give me some source codes...

You don't have to if you don't want

and i downloaded 28 days Asm and it was confusing first but i got finnaly except on the compiling...could you help me on that? Please

thanks

bking0
3d in basic is extreeeemly slow - so slow you will prolly be disappointed

i'm talking 1 frame every 20 seconds or so slow (thats without multiplayer code)

as for code, just go get any 3d basic game from ticalc.org and look at its source
Ya i did that except they wont let me look at the code Sad

bking0
Bking0 wrote:
Ya I did that except they wont let me look at the code Sad

bking0

thats because it is "locked"

use source coder ( sc.cemetech.net ) and you can view the source just fine
Surprised OOOOO! of i'll do that thanks

bking0

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours