Kllrnohj wrote:
Both of those sound like extremely expensive alternatives to a $20 device Rolling Eyes
If you have it anyway though... Smile
Yeah, which is why I use my PSP Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
Yeah, which is why I use my PSP Smile
Aha! You have proven my point. Superb. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Aha! You have proven my point. Superb. Very Happy

But the point of the thread was for someone who DIDN'T have a wifi detecter, and the suggestions were to BUY a Nintendo DS or tablet PC to use instead Razz
No, the suggestion was to BUY a DS but to USE a tablet or PSP. Smile
Buying the DS is by far the cheapest option Wink
No, buying the little $20 finder is the cheapest option. Razz
true, and some can do A, B, and G.
Yup, which is more than can be said of a DS. Very Happy
or a standard Wifi card in a laptop.
Meh. That's so... average. We're geeks/ nerds/ whatever. We have to outdo the normal user. Cool
KermMartian wrote:
Meh. That's so... average. We're geeks/ nerds/ whatever. We have to outdo the normal user. Cool

this coming from the guy with the "average" tablet Razz (its a used one at that Evil or Very Mad )
Quote:
You *COULD* buy a USB wifi adapter and plug that into the ti-84+, then you would just have to write drivers and software for it, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about doing any soldering and such

The calculator doesn't supply enough power, but you can build a simple power circuit to work off a 9V or whatever battery (instructions at usb8x.sf.net forums)...I built this, and it works for >100mA things. Writing the driver part, however...isn't so easy. It's not quite as easy as with flash drives and keyboards/mice.
Yeah, powering is rarely the hard part, it's always interfacing that's a pain in the neck. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours