But I am not quite sure where to start.
I think I read somewhere that every processor has a different assembly language or something like that, is that right?

I would like to start writing ASM programs for my computer. I have an AMD64 Family 21 Model 19

Any sugestions, tutorials, etc...?
If you were learning for the calcs, I'd say ASM in 28 days tutorial.

Unless that works for your proccesor...
Wikibook.
I would suggest a college textbooks that I learned from, but they are 16-bit real mode MS-DOS and EGA graphics, all written to be assembled by MASM Razz. Not trying to snoop, but why do you want to learn x86 assembly?
Quote:
If you were learning for the calcs, I'd say ASM in 28 days tutorial.

Unless that works for your proccesor...

No, I want to learn assembly to write programs for my computer, just to start out. I don't have my calc's usb cable.

Quote:
Wikibook.

Seems promising, I will take a look, thanks!

Quote:
I would suggest a college textbooks that I learned from, but they are 16-bit real mode MS-DOS and EGA graphics, all written to be assembled by MASM Razz. Not trying to snoop, but why do you want to learn x86 assembly?

Well, assembly seems to be a popular language around here and besides it sounds interesting, that's why Smile
If you want to learn assembly, learn it for your calculator. Modern x86 based computers are so fast that there is almost nothing to be gained from assembly language, unless you are writing a bootloader (which admittedly is a very valid reason), a kernel (and C also works for that too), or are using some very CPU specific features (which isn't good practice). Otherwise, C and C++ are much more useful languages to learn.

Also, here you go: http://wiki.osdev.org/Assembly

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours