Hello everyone.

I'm going to do some C programming for my TI-84 CSE, and I found Write TI-83+/84+ C Programs for GlassOS and TIOS. I set up my toolchains, and tried to tweak the crt0 file for my TI-84 CSE on plain TI-OS (without Doors CSE), I ended up with

Code:

; crt0 for TI-84 CSE
; it doesn't work

;userMem   0xA60B
;t2ByteTok 0xBB
;tasmCmp   0x6D

.module crt0
.globl _main

.area _HEADER (ABS)

.org 0xA60B - 2
.db 0xBB, 0x6D
call gsinit
jp _main

.org 0xA60B + 6  ; why plus six? I guess it is an offset value to move 6 bytes forward because previous 2 instructions have used them.

.area _HOME
.area _CODE
    .area _GSINIT
    .area _GSFINAL
.area _DATA
    .area _BSEG
    .area _BSS
    .area _HEAP
    .area _CODE

__clock::
    ld a,#2
    ret ; needed somewhere...

.area _GSINIT
gsinit::
.area _GSFINAL
ret

I wrote a C program which does nothing and only returns from the main() function.

Code:

int main(void)
{
    return 0;
}

Compiled by

Code:

$ sdasz80 -p -g -o tios_crt0.rel tios_crt0.asm
$ sdcc -mz80 --code-loc 42513 --no-std-crt0 --data-loc 0 --reserve-regs-iy --max-allocs-per-node 30000 -o test.ihx tios_crt0.rel test.c
$ hex2bin test.ihx
$ binpac8x -O SDCC test.bin test.8xp

But after I sent it to my calculator, it throw a Syntax Error message.

I'm new to TI-84 development, and although I have programmed on Linux for years, I don't have knowledge on assembly (That's why I'm setting up a C enviornment), Could you please give me some help and advice? Thanks for everyone.
I believe (not entirely sure since I don't myself have or write software for the CSE) your syntax error is just caused by the wrong identifying tokens. You have .db t2ByteTok, tasmCmp, but the CSE uses a different token: .db tExtTok, tAsm84CCmp (0xEF, 0x69).

Everything else looks okay to me, so with a bit of luck that's the only thing you need to change for this particular fix.
Tari wrote:
I believe (not entirely sure since I don't myself have or write software for the CSE) your syntax error is just caused by the wrong identifying tokens. You have .db t2ByteTok, tasmCmp, but the CSE uses a different token: .db tExtTok, tAsm84CCmp (0xEF, 0x69).

Everything else looks okay to me, so with a bit of luck that's the only thing you need to change for this particular fix.

Wow, after I corrected it, the program is working now Very Happy! I Appreciate your help for solving my issue!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours