I am wondering wheather it is possible to create an ASM program that would clear out the memory area used for if then statements

It would probably help Wink
that might be helpful, but what would be better is writing code that doesn't need such a program
Such a program wouldn't be that hard to make. I think there's a specific stack just for If thens, Whiles, and Repeats. Really, it would just be easier, take up less space, and be more of a help to your developement to just program so you don't need this.
Yeah, it would be much, much faster to just pop it into SC2, delete the areas, and export it again.
Normally i have almost no memory leaks, but it would still be helpful

Also, does calling a program from within a loop cause a memory leak? I would think it wouldn't (because it does eventrually reach the end) but i am not sure
As long as you use Return, not Stop, it's not a problem. What you should never, EVER do, though, is have a Goto or a Menu in a Then/Else/End loop.
KermMartian wrote:
As long as you use Return, not Stop, it's not a problem. What you should never, EVER do, though, is have a Goto or a Menu in a Then/Else/End loop.

I am glad that it does not cause a leak, because i do that in a lot of programs

I thought it did though, so i turned my sudoku thing into a nested loop (something like 2 for loops, 2 repeat loops, and maybe a while loop i cannot remember). It got deleted in a ram clear though...
Ah, that's annoying. If you had the code we could take a look for memory leaks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours