TI tried to deliberately break Oiram, but Mateo won the battle ... now for the war!
I've been hearing some conflicting statements. Have you fixed Oriam for the L-317 calculators? Also, is the Oriam in the Cemetech archives working?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I've been hearing some conflicting statements. Have you fixed Oriam for the L-317 calculators? Also, is the Oriam in the Cemetech archives working?

Yes and yes Smile
tr1p1ea wrote:
TI tried to deliberately break Oiram, but Mateo won the battle ... now for the war!
Nintendo probably paid off TI to try to break it Razz
The level editor in the Cemetech archives isn't the recent one, just in case people download the OLD editor...
I may have found a bug in images.c, although it probably never manifests in anomalous behavior:

Code:

for(i = 0; i++;) {
        tiles[i] = tile_question_box;
}

does not do anything besides incrementing i once; the body of the loop is never executed. As most elements of the tiles[] array are assigned values immediately after this loop, only the elements 252 to 255 remain without an assigned value.

Code:

i=0;
    do {
        tiles[i] = tile_question_box;
    } while(++i != 0);

should assign values to all elements of tiles[].

Side question: I have run into the task of looping through 256 array elements on occasion and found no elegant solution for doing so using an unsigned char loop counter and a for loop. A do/while loop works, but semantically it's a for loop with a fixed number of iterations, and this discrepancy doesn't sit well with my sense of code aesthetics. Am I overlooking the solution, or is there no way other than either using a 16-bit loop counter or doing at least one array access outside the loop?
That's probably just lazy coding on my part; it won't have any real effects I don't believe. Anywho no it is not actually possible to loop using a for loop without using a break statement. It is much cleaner to just use a do while.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
It is much cleaner to just use a do while.

Syntactically, yes, it is a working solution for the problem. But semantically, it is a loop with a fixed number of iterations and no other exit conditions besides reaching the maximum number of iterations, so it should be a for loop.

Maybe I'll use an if/goto loop construction for type of loop in the future, just out of spite. Wink If I can't have the pretty solution, might as well go full eyesore, no half-measures.
Why would nintendo care if there is a version of mario on a calculator? there are thousands of versions of mario.
john35588 wrote:
Why would nintendo care if there is a version of mario on a calculator? there are thousands of versions of mario.

...all of which may be breaking copyright law, unless the authors have express written permission for it.

If software like this prevents people from buying the real Mario games, then it is taking away Nintendo’s profits, and companies get extremely agitated about that.
But why would people get the calculator version over the nintendo version?
You get to play it in math class

Plus how are the new features being implemented, if they are?
john35588 wrote:
But why would people get the calculator version over the nintendo version?

1) It’s free.
2) It’s also more convenient, you can play it anywhere.
3) Their friends may have it, and they can compare scores with friends.
4) Many more high schoolers have calculators, not everyone has their own computer, and if they have a computer, they find “better” games to play.
xMarminq_ wrote:
Plus how are the new features being implemented, if they are?

Anything at the moment Mateo? IF you are thinking of updating the game, awesome, If not, understandable. I just want an answer, that's all I want. Surprised

For game update ideas, I would suggest maybe bomb-ombs. They would be kinda easy to code as they need head contract input like koopas and leave something behind, like their shell, a bomb for the bomb-ombs. The thing is that they both have a timer before their next action. This would be an easy addition to the game, space wise. Smile

Maybe you could also add autoscrolling, something I suggested to you earlier. It would spice up the game a little in that it adds more possibilities for level design. Oiram in my opinion is a little static and this would be a great addition to not make it that way.

Tl;Dr - We need to know if you want to expand Oiram. Oiram needs an update to add more variety to it.
Added autoscrolling for left/right behavior. Should be updated in the archives whenever an admin has a chance.

You'll need the latest level builder here: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/oiram-editor/releases/latest

Note that old versions of Oiram may crash if they encounter these newer types of levels. So be sure to update. Enjoy all Smile

What happens if you're stuck in the corner, and you can't get out, while it keeps scrolling? Not sure if that ever happens, but who knows. Smile
PT_ wrote:
What happens if you're stuck in the corner, and you can't get out, while it keeps scrolling? Not sure if that ever happens, but who knows. Smile

You fail Razz
So basically, you can't go back, and can't stop to get a drink of water? Can there be a toggle for this feature?
jcgter777 wrote:
So basically, you can't go back, and can't stop to get a drink of water? Can there be a toggle for this feature?

What? I don't understand what you are asking.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

What? I don't understand what you are asking.

He means that you are forced to complete levels in one go.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours