are we going to ditch the TI 84 PLUS c SILVER because of the ti 84 plus CE like we did with the grayscale nspires?
tristris389 wrote:
are we going to ditch the TI 84 PLUS c SILVER because of the ti 84 plus CE like we did with the grayscale nspires?

I don't know about the community, but TI certainly seems to have ditched it. They have removed it from their product lineup, and it's not shown on their website anymore in any more of the pictures.
Not a matter of 'ditching' it as it is the only color calculator that we can make applications for, and is the only color calc to have libraries for programmers to use. The CSE will probably be fully replaced if/when we get a way to develop apps for the CE.
ok. because im stuck with a CSE.
I don't think you should worry too much about the CSE getting left behind and people moving on to new calcs. The reason the nspires were pretty much completely left behind is because not many people had an nspire to begin with. Currently, as tifreak mentioned, we can't make apps for the CE, and there aren't any libs, so programming is fairly limited. Besides that, there is already a fairly large community for the CSE, as opposed to the nspire. Plus, the CSE has an extra 2.5mm link port that TI has decided to remove in it's newer calcs, which opens up some doors for calcnet projects and music Very Happy
I have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition that constantly freezes up. Have to push the reset and wait a very long time. A real problem when your taking an exam. Anyone had this problem? and is there a solution?
Have you tried to re-install your OS? Maybe something is broken there... I can't think of another reason for that.
I tried that once and didn't change anything, but I'm going to try it again.
If this doesn't help then you completely changed all of the calculators software. Either this is an OS bug or this has to do with your calculator's hardware...
(At least I think so, anyways Kerm and Co. will know it definitely better than me)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours