I have a ti 86 that has about half of its horizontal pixel lines broken. I tried a lot of online fixes but I wonder still if you could replace the whole screen with one from a ti 82? They look about the same if that's anything to go by except for the foldy black ribbon cable. The biggest difference I see is that the Ti 86 screen had one more contact for the white ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard. I don't know what it does but later calcs dont have it. Suggestions welcome and if this is a completely rediculous question then let me know Razz
The 86's screen is 128x64, the 82's screen is 96x64.
You cannot, the sizes of the screens are different, for starters. The problem you are having are ribbon cable issues, and I don't believe there is a fix for that as of yet.
You can replace it with a TI-86 screen, or a TI-85's if you can get it to fit. That's the only way known to fix those ribbon cable issues.
Thanks for all the replies! Yeah, this seemed far fetched from the start. I'll see what I can do about getting a new screen.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours