I have been having problems with sending apps to my TI 84 Plus CE. No website has given me specific answers, while the actual TI website just says "Drag and drop the app file(s) onto the TI Connect icon". What do I do?

Edit: Ugh. TI Connect is now telling me there's a bad token in the .8xp files. Neutral

Edit: I was able to get the program on my calculator, but it immediately gives me a syntax error
TennIsLife912 wrote:
I have been having problems with sending apps to my TI 84 Plus CE. No website has given me specific answers, while the actual TI website just says "Drag and drop the app file(s) onto the TI Connect icon". What do I do?

Yes, this should work, if you've already got ti-connect downloaded and installed, simply dragging the file to the ti-connect icon on your desktop with the appropriate calculator plugged in should open up the send gui, if this doesn't work for some reason, you can always right click the file you are trying to send and click "open with" and select ti-connect. Of course, if you don't have ti-connect installed and downloaded, these won't work. If you're having lots of issues with ti-connect, you could try with another linking program such as TiLP Smile
Oh, ok, I just didn't know it had to be the desktop icon. Thanks!
I'm still having problems; when I move the file onto the icon, it opens TI Connect, but then doesn't do anything. Is it something to do with my OS? My CE is OS 5.0 right now.
What applications are you trying to throw on to your CE? Can you give us links?
Press the [Actions] tab. Press [Add files from Computer...]. Select your file. Press send. Hope this helps! Smile
Nevermind, didn't realize it was an assembly program. Thank you so much! Great game too Very Happy Very Happy
Do you mean actual apps? just to be sure, unless the apps are created by TI, none are going to work just yet.
And for loading programs, have you tried just opening ti connect, and clicking send from cpu to calc? That process is a fail-safe, although lengthy.
I found out it's an assembly program (basically not an actual app). It's working now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours