I see. I agree, ET was pretty corny. Laughing
Ah, here's what I was referring to:
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/1/26/2667
Anyone else going to be buying the DS Lite soon? I'm going to try and pull some strings to get the Euro version over in the states for myself. If that fails, then I'm gonna get a white one one on Monday. Cool
I've been wanting a DS, so maybe I might convince someone to buy the lite for me.
What differentiates this new Lite version from the original DS console?
I think the only difference is that the Lite version is smaller. It's the same thing they did with the GBA. They made it smaller with the SP, and even smaller with the Micro.
something1990 wrote:
I think the only difference is that the Lite version is smaller. It's the same thing they did with the GBA. They made it smaller with the SP, and even smaller with the Micro.
Ah, nice! Hmmm, sounds like it will be fun then
KermMartian wrote:

the Lite version also has better (and brighter) screens
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

the Lite version also has better (and brighter) screens
And it's smaller and lighter? Well, what could be bad about it then? Is the battery life weaker or something?
how about the fact that it is just newer is about to come on the market. Maybe the battery is less, I don't know.
rivereye wrote:
how about the fact that it is just newer is about to come on the market. Maybe the battery is less, I don't know.
I mean, why wouldn't they just release this as the original? Unless they had to rush something inferior to market for the first release, and now they had a chance to actually make it good. Smile
profit maybe. Release a half-way descent machine for $150, then when sales start dipping, pull out a better one for $120?
rivereye wrote:
profit maybe. Release a half-way descent machine for $150, then when sales start dipping, pull out a better one for $120?
Must be. And it's a good strategy to make diehard fans buy essentially two of the same thing. 0x5.
right, maybe someone should ask Nintendo.
rivereye wrote:
right, maybe someone should ask Nintendo.
0x5. I just might do that, 'cause now I'm curious. This seems to make no logical sense.
KermMartian wrote:
And it's smaller and lighter? Well, what could be bad about it then? Is the battery life weaker or something?

...or technology just matured after 2 years Rolling Eyes
Maybe after two years they could shrink the hardware and keep the same functionality? Or maybe they hope users will think the Lite is more cool and convenient?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Two years, you say? Hasn't it been like 9 months since the DS came out??
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Two years, you say? Hasn't it been like 9 months since the DS came out??

November 2004 is when the DS came out, so i guess its closer to 18 months

And I don't see you complaining when tablets get smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have longer battery life Wink
I was able to mess with one at GameStop today; I don't really see much of a difference between it and the regular DS to want to buy it (same goes for the Gameboy Advance series; all they're really doing is changing the form factor) Maybe it's to keep demand for the DS and the games for it up?

If anyone remembers Sega did this exact same thing with the Genesis line...I've played on the Sega Genesis I, II, and III Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours