Recently, my calculator experienced the common RAM Cleared screen and went into an extremely slow condition. I have replaced the batteries as well as the backup battery. Also, I have attempted to clear any debris in my sockets. The USB cable works fine and I'm able to identify it with TI Connect CE, I have also reinstalled the OS and tried the usual hold clear/del thing.

Occasionally, it would work but after a few minutes it goes back to the sluggish state. Keys still work and I'm able to navigate around the calculator by holding onto the buttons. The only button that doesn't seem to work is the ON button. I can only turn off my calculator through removing the batteries.

I looked around the forum and found out a that it might be a problem with my I/O socket. I don't have the exact equipment to take apart my calculator yet, but I will if I have to. I installed CalcSys and surprisingly when in the Port Monitor Screen I was able to navigate between different ports without any lag, but once I exit the application, I have to return to holding down buttons for 3 seconds or so before the screen recording it. Of course, the cursor blinks at an extremely slow frequency as well. The results are below for the Port Monitor 1

Code:
 Port Monitor
Port: 00
Dec: 1
Hex: 01
Bin: 00000001

Link
BrandonW in IRC wrote:
[11:04] <BrandonW> Port 0 needs to read 03, not 01.
[11:04] <BrandonW> Your link port is the problem.

Check if there's anything stuck in the link port, such as a pencil lead or something. As far as removing any foreign objects goes, I can't quite help you there but someone else can.

[edit] I can't read at 3am. Maybe there's small objects in the link port or between the port and the PCB.
Okay thanks for the confirmation, I'll attempt to open up the calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours