Lately, I've decided to work on a Minecraft clone for the DS.
Someone already did most of it, which can be found here. It already has multiplayer, so I plan on adding just redstone.

To do so, I will need to learn SmileBASIC.

I took a look at the reference page, and while I do understand a bit of it, I don't understand anything else.

What I (think) I need to do is to add a clock rhythm, because redstone works off ticks (1 tick=1/10 of a second).

How would I do that? Also, I'd need to add the graphics necessary to show a repeater, redstone dust, redstone torches, and etc. .

So could someone please help me understand some of this? (the reference page for all of the commands is right here.)
This seems very interesting and i have always been wanting to get Minecraft on the DS. I myself know nothing of SmileBASIC, but it does not seem to hard too learn.

I'll look into this and try to help you as much as I can, but really I need help understanding it as much as you do.
Such a program like SmileBASIC on a console would never have happened 5 or 10 years ago. It's just the coding revolution doing its work, removing the bad "hacking" connotations of being able to make whatever you want.
oldmud0 wrote:
Such a program like SmileBASIC on a console would never have happened 5 or 10 years ago. It's just the coding revolution doing its work, removing the bad "hacking" connotations of being able to make whatever you want.

I entirely agree with this. In your last post about programming for the DS, which I have quite a bit of experience with, I recommended you try out devkitPro and the PaLib if you would really like to write something as complex as a Minecraft system. Learning a new language, especially one as prevalent as C, is not that bad if you set your mind to it and try. Smile Good luck.
Hello, SmileBasic is an interpreted language integrated in the petit computer dsi app, is the exclusive way to program the ds / 3ds without hacking.

It isn't powerful enough to program in 3d, because it hasn't 3d library, and making your own 3d from the 2d by 3d transformations requires a lot of power.

You have Game Maker DS, that uses the DevKitPro SDK, or programming in C with the Notepad++, you will need a flashcard illegal in some countries.

But there is a Minecraft for DS called DScraft, you may take its code respecting the license (giving credit to the original developer), and improve it.

http://smealum.net/dscraft/

PD: I'm waiting for SmileBasic for 3ds.
frankmar98 wrote:
It isn't powerful enough to program in 3d, because it hasn't 3d library, and making your own 3d from the 2d by 3d transformations requires a lot of power.

It really isn't very powerful, but it is possible to draw in '3D,' but it comes at the cost of 2FPS average and looking like garbage.
frankmar98 wrote:
PD: I'm waiting for SmileBasic for 3ds.

SmileBasic is on 3DS. It's called SmileBasic, and it is a lot more powerful and faster than the DSiware version.
I'm in Europe, I've just searched it on the eshop, and in Europe is unavaiable Sad Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours