Okay, apparently I'm not all that good at getting a job; I've applied to four computer repair shops and haven't been contacted by either of them EVER (the latest one I applied to was over a month ago). I don't have the CompTIAA certification, but I thought no one looked at those anyways...

So if anyone has any suggestions on any type of tech job that I could apply for, be it a repair position, whatever; I'd just prefer that it be somewhat tech-related, and not a clerk at a supermarket Wink
You could advertise comp repair there... and when they needs parts, tell them they would need to pay for the part to get it, at least there at the begining, until you get some funds together... If nothing else, there is always fast food.. Razz
Have you given them a professional-looking resume? That usually helps a lot.
Actually, on all four of the applications, it specifically stated NOT to attach a resume Confused (I really don't understand why though...)
That is odd... Confused

Maybe you should go back to these places, put in another application. Some business only hire people that are persistant, and show they want the job like that...
hmm, maybe you should look in to Comptia then (A+ is not bad, but there are two tests to be certified. I should see if I can find one and use my MCP to get me in the door.
But the problem with certifications is that they cost $$$, and I don't have $200 to take the test (well, at least not now...Sad)
true, if it weren't for my parents, I couldn't have gotten mine. ( I am broke, and the two tests I took were $125 a piece)
rivereye wrote:
true, if it weren't for my parents, I couldn't have gotten mine. ( I am broke, and the two tests I took were $125 a piece)
Psh, for me it's the opposite. That's pretty pricey though... Shock
You know, it could be as simple as those places don't need anymore help, and aren't hiring anyway.....
Kllrnohj wrote:
You know, it could be as simple as those places don't need anymore help, and aren't hiring anyway.....
I believe he mentioned they said they did need help and that they had "Help Wanted" signs on the windows.
KermMartian wrote:
I believe he mentioned they said they did need help and that they had "Help Wanted" signs on the windows.

I must have missed the other thread where he said that....
To restate yes, they had and still have their 'Help Wanted' signs up Crying (but on one of the places I applied to, the sign's been up for over six months; I seriously doubt that they're going to hire anyone.)
That's frustrating though... any other places you could try vaguely related to technology?
I was think Circuit City or Best Buy, but no open positions Sad
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I was think Circuit City or Best Buy, but no open positions Sad
Argh, that's frustrating. I guess the only thing to do is start up a freelance web design firm. Evil or Very Mad
Right now I'm trading on the stock market (doing it solo now Cool); I'm making some cash, but not enough; I still need a job Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Right now I'm trading on the stock market (doing it solo now Cool); I'm making some cash, but not enough; I still need a job Very Happy
For real or virtually? How is that going so far?
For real; I'm using the FXTrade Station at Oanda.com, but since I'm only trading $80 worth of stock, I've only made a net profit of $.80, so in order to actually make a decent amount of money I need to be trading thousands of dollars, ofwhich I do not have Crying
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
For real; I'm using the FXTrade Station at Oanda.com, but since I'm only trading $80 worth of stock, I've only made a net profit of $.80, so in order to actually make a decent amount of money I need to be trading thousands of dollars, ofwhich I do not have Crying
Not to mention all the fun legality issues, which friends of mine have run into. Try to look for a regular job. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours