Having done some work on 68k and z80 asm for the Sega Genesis, I became curious about getting one of these.

I was wanting to do some asm coding to add bit shifting and different base system functionality to the calculator's capabilities. I was thinking maybe adding a new menu tab to the TEST/LOGIC menu for this stuff, but I wasn't sure if this stuff is hard coded into the OS or not.

Should I pursue a different avenue?
I would highly recommend the TI84+CE, as it is a great developing system and a great platform to learn on. Your goal could be achieved through the use of hooks; however it is a rather advanced method, but if you have any questions or need assistance anywhere, we would be happy to help. Welcome to Cemetech CoryCulley! Smile
Well I kinda already bought the calculator. The fact that Zilog updated their legendary z80 was enough for me.

So I found info on hooks for the older calculators, is this information still valid for this model?
It is. For testing the hooks, I would recommend using the address pixelshadow2, or at the bottom of the stack. You will probably want the Menu Hook, with a combination of a Token Hook (and probably a Parser Hook). The equates for these are different because of the new model, but the ti84pce.inc file equates the names correctly.
I understand what you mean. It looks like I showed up at an exciting point of time for the new model though, lots of undiscovered potential. I'm curious to see where this all goes. Thanks a lot by the way.
That sounds rather exciting! If you do decide to pursue adding those features to the OS, I hope you'll keep us up to date on the project with a topic in our Your Projects subforum. We'd also be happy to help with any meta-questions (about toolchains and techniques) and questions (about ez80 programming as it applies to the calculators and their OS) that you might have.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours