yeah, he tends to be. He does have final say-so on the contest though.
rivereye wrote:
yeah, he tends to be. He does have final say-so on the contest though.
Indeed, so it's not a given that he will accept this. He may decide not to, although I somehow doubt it.
It really wouldn't be fair to all the other people. I've revealed all of what I have so far. Anyway, after some experimenting I found that it is safe memorywise to make a sidescroller two screens wide with 18 floor tiles and 7 gaps, both being 8 by 8. I'll experiment with randomizing where the gaps appear and allowing for obstacles and enemies. As for the first minigame, I think adding an enemy would make the program too slow, so I plan on making the game so coins randomly appear on the top of the screen and fall to the bottom. The user will collect these coins within the limit. I also realized that including all the minigames in one single program would be impossible due to memory requirements, so I'll just release them as individual programs in a package. Each program will include a high score table utilizing the getkey2list and list2text routines we've been working on at TIFW. Look for further updates in the near future.
I understand and respect your ethical qualms. Best of luck with these minigames.
For all intents and purposes, the first minigame is complete. I've also made minor updates to the second minigame. Both can be downloaded here. I plan on adding the high score tables later. Also, I've decided the final release will be a BASIC builder App bundled with at least five minigames. There will also be two versions of each game. One will be an 84+ version using the clock to keep track of the time limit. The other will just be the minigame in its current form with its current way of tracking the limit. Finally, here is a screenshot of the latest update to the platformer:
Wow, that looks really nice. How quickly does it run?
You would know if you download it and try it... Wink
/me does so.

Edit: Wow, not bad! Very impressive. Say, have you been accepted to full 1337ship yet?
I would think you would know that. I sent in an application a while back but never got a response...
something1990 wrote:
I would think you would know that. I sent in an application a while back but never got a response...
Confused That's strange... I don't remember getting an app from you...

Edit: Actually, you were accepted as an apprentice:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/groupcp.php?g=51

Well, I upgraded you to full 1337ness anyway.
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/groupcp.php?g=36
w00t! I finally made it! Seeing that there aren't many people in the BASIC Elite, I feel honored to be a member. Very Happy
Congrats and welcome. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours