I almost want to be laughed at for this one... I was lookin through laptops on ebay last night, when I stumbled upon this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9744957621

I was like, Hey! Lets get a new laptop for relatively cheap! It looks like it comes fully loaded!

So I bid, and then I get out bid with 2 min to go. I was like heh, screw with me, will ya? So I tried jacking it up a lil bit. I went to 475, and it said I needed to bid again. So I was like "kay" and bid 499, with 57 seconds left... Needless to say, I won... Now my creditcard will be up to 2300... Sad Oh well, maybe I can finish fixin my newer laptop, and sell it for some cash...

Hmm, on the plus side, this model from toshiba starts out at 749.00... Guess I am not doing too bad then...
This is why I discovered sniping, and force myself to an absolute limit.
Yeah, well, the laptop seems to be a good one, so all-in-all, not a bad deal. Once I get my truck paid off, which won't be too much longer, it shouldn't take too long to get the credit card paid off...
Just curious, but what do you think of the specs of the machine? You are more knowledgeable about comps and laptops, do you think it is a good deal, or something I should try to sell and get my money back? The A105 line from Toshiba Website starts at 749.00...
$500 for a 1.7GHz Pentium M, 40gb, and 3/4GB of RAM? I'd say it's a steal, so you can either keep it (nice and powerful) or resell it (you could definitely make a profit). Either way, you got a good deal.
sweet ^_^ Maybe my luck is changing. Anyways, I sent the payment this morning, should see it sometime next week. Smile What was the specs on your tablet?
CPU: 1.5GHz Pentium M + Celeron chipset
RAM: 512 GHz DDR
HDD: 60GB, 4800RPM
LCD: 1400x1050, 32-bit color, active matrix TTF
GFX: NVideo GForce Go 5000 w/ 32mb dedicated and 64mb shared
CD: External CD-RW/DVD (I got that separately)
TAB: Wacom-enabled EMF tablet
FRM: 12.1" screen, 1.2" thin, 11"x8.75", 4.1 lb with battery (3.5 w/o)
It seems I am gettin a lil better laptop in certain areas... ^^
Our processors are about equal performance-wise, but your RAM pwns mine. Once I upgrade to 1gb of RAM (when I save up the $$), then I'll have the superior machine again. Cool Have I mentioned I'm quite competitive?
rofl, yeah, I know... but mine is upgradeable to 2Gig, so... Razz I maybe finding one of those on ebay as well... Very Happy
Mine can go up to 2gigs too, but the trouble is affording 2 1-gig sticks of RAM. eBay has surprisingly high prices on RAM.
yeah... I wonder what my "supplier" can get them for... Something to look into, eventually Very Happy

Oh, and I got 2 bluetooth adapters for 10.00 each, free shipping, so, they might have something...
KermMartian wrote:
Mine can go up to 2gigs too, but the trouble is affording 2 1-gig sticks of RAM. eBay has surprisingly high prices on RAM.

bah, newegg pwns ebay Razz
tifreak8x wrote:
Yeah, well, the laptop seems to be a good one, so all-in-all, not a bad deal. Once I get my truck paid off, which won't be too much longer, it shouldn't take too long to get the credit card paid off...

i have a almost 3 year old toshiba
the only thing i suggest is that u get a warrenty from toshiba to cover anything that can go wrong

but otherwise its a great computer
enjoy Smile
Well, this is supposed to have a year long warranty with Toshiba, and I have not heard anything bad about the laptops this far... Only 4 more days till it is supposed to get here...
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, this is supposed to have a year long warranty with Toshiba, and I have not heard anything bad about the laptops this far... Only 4 more days till it is supposed to get here...
My tablet is a Toshiba, and I couldn't be happier. My only gripe is the screen seems dim in the lower right, but if I tap it, the dimness goes away. I suspect a loose wire, which would be easy to go in and fix the next time I take off the top of the screen module to clean underneath.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

bah, newegg pwns ebay Razz

I might check there...

But then, with the mem it has, it will be a major upgrade for a while, so I won't need to worry abou it. Only when Kerm upgrades, so I can make sure my machine still pwns his... Razz Just Joking Laughing
tifreak8x wrote:
.... Only when Kerm upgrades, so I can make sure my machine still pwns his... Razz Just Joking 0x5
Ha! You wish. Cool Very Happy I shall never be pwnt.
It made it here!!! The reason it was so late was because the truck broke down, and took them a while to get the stuff transferred over to the rental van.

But the main thing is: IT IS HERE!!
Yay! Pix plox.

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours