What Kind of Match Would You Like to Try?
Basic PVP
 0%  [ 0 ]
Team PVP
 21%  [ 3 ]
Team Objective Match
 0%  [ 0 ]
Team Fortress Defense
 78%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

Now that I have seen the really awesome structure in person (Or at least as close as I can get to 'in person'), I am really interest in seeing how this project will develop. I will probably not be participating in any matches, but I will probably spectate a few. Also, the arena seemed a little too crowded, maybe replace some trees with some custom rocks? They serve the same purpose, but make it a little less cluttered.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Now that I have seen the really awesome structure in person (Or at least as close as I can get to 'in person'), I am really interest in seeing how this project will develop. I will probably not be participating in any matches, but I will probably spectate a few. Also, the arena seemed a little too crowded, maybe replace some trees with some custom rocks? They serve the same purpose, but make it a little less cluttered.

Thanks for the great review. I could certainly switch out some trees for rocks. However, the cluttered undergrowth was the intent. I'll let the match proceed tomorrow and gather feedback from participants, and if i need to, modify the denseness slightly. We'd be happy to have you spectate. Spectator platform is the balcony on the side of the arena near the prep area.

Tentative choice from people I've spoken to is another team match, a game of Capture the Flag, with a bit of modification.

1. The red team has a red flag, the blue team has a blue one. There are three (3) green flags scattered in the arena.

2. Any player may capture any flag. The capture of a green flag does not end the game. The capture of the enemy team's flag does. To capture, retrieve the flag, bring it to your base, and place it in the chest near your own flag.

3. When the match ends, the team with the most flags wins. This requires strategy, as simply going and getting the other team's flag may not guarantee you a win if the other team has more flags.

4. Only two players may actively defend the tree base at a time. Of these two, only one may be in the tree base, the other may be near or around it.

5. There will be three matches. A win is a point for that team.

After this series of three matches, I will also host a bonus round, a normal PvE match, with the arena's mob spawners active. The player that lasts the longest get an extra point for his/her team.

Match will start promptly at 7pm Eastern Standard Time, tomorrow, 2/14.
Re-match, jungle arena will be scheduled for Monday, 2/18, at 1pm EST. Hopefully this earlier time will work better for people. Please try to be in the arena and ready to go by this time. If you want to try to join, please let me know ahead of time, so I can adjust the time and let people know!

Idea for third arena theme, posted below

Results of the Valentines Day PvP Match

Teams were chosen at the start of the match: me, TurquoiseDrag0n and Chauronslilsis on the red team and Rivereye, PhiNick, and Master13uilder.

The match got off to a great start. Imo, the rules were simpler. Round 1 went off without a hitch. Both teams simultaneously captured the other's flag, and had one green flag. That made the first round a tie. (2-2)

During the second match, things went awry within the red team. Rivereye grabbed the red flag, with Chauron in pursuit, at which point she thought she was in range of Rivereye to attack, but kept being boomeranged back a few blocks. After this happening several times, she gave up, unable to play with this kind of lag. Shortly thereafter PhiNix had to leave and the match ended, with the final round incomplete. The second round would have ended with blue possessing red's flag and red possessing one green flag, another tie (1-1).

The match results will be logged on my Minecraft webpage.

In response to the issue Chauron experienced in the arena, I am bringing her back in later today to try to reproduce her issue from last night. If I find that the terrain in the arena contributed, I'll switch out the arena to a new theme (see below). If not, I will leave the current theme for the rematch next week and change it after that.

Third Arena Theme -- Nether

More than just players pose a threat in this theme, as the floor will be made almost entirely of lava. Nether brick pillars of varying heights will rise from the lava, and nether fortresses will arise on opposing ends of the arena. Each nether fortress will possess a flag on a piston with a button. Press or shoot the button to drop the flag into a hopper which will activate a light, ending the match. But be careful, end up in the lava and it just might be over for you!

For this theme only, the rule banning enchantments on armor and potions will exclude fire resistance, and fire protection.
ACagliano wrote:
Teams were chosen at the start of the match: me, TurquoiseDrag0n and Chauronslilsis on the red team and Rivereye, PhiNix, and Master13uilder.

That's "PhiNick," by the way Razz
Fixed the post Smile

Quote:
Also, after consulting with people I've moved the match starting time to 5:15.
This is 5:15 PM, Eastern Standard Time on Monday, 2/20

Guys, I'm really sorry but I have to move this again. Forgot I have a doctors appointment at 3:30 today. Can we do the same time, on this Thursday, Friday, or Saturday? That will be 2/23, 24, or 25.

Going forward, I have created a PvP Event Planner on my minecraft page at http://caglianotechdesigns.com/minecraft. Simply provide your in game user name, day of the week, and a start and end time (in EST) and I'll have it for reference when planning events.

Current expected participation: Chauronslilsis, lennartVH01, ACagliano
To let me know: LittleMoonBeam, KermM.
Since me and two other people appear to be free, decided ill try to host a sporatic PVP match in roughly 34 minutes, give or take a bit. If you're free, swing on!

MATCH RESULTS

Round 1
Match Type: PvE
Participants: DrDnar, LittleMoonBeam, ACagliano
Results: ACagliano victor

Round 2
Match Type: PvE
Participants: LittleMoonBeam, ACagliano

Round 3
Match Type: 1v1v1 Capture the Flag
Participants: Rivereye (defending), LittleMoonBeam, ACagliano (competing to capture)

Round 4
Participants: ACagliano (defending), LittleMoonBeam, Rivereye (competing to capture)
Results: Rivereye victor

Round 5
Participants: Rivereye (defending), LittleMoonBeam, ACagliano (competing to capture)

Round 6
Match Type: 2v2 Capture the Flag
Participants: Master13uilder & ACagliano (red) vs. Rivereye & LittleMoonBeam (blue)
Results: Draw (2 - 2)

Match Start time: 6:15 PM EST, Rolling participation (anyone may join late)
Match End Time: 8:30 PM EST.

To assist me in better planning matches with even better attendance, please post your availability. Or use my match planner at http://caglianotechdesigns.com/minecraft.
PvP Match, Thursday 2/23

RESULTS

Round 1
Match Type: Standard PvP
Match Start: 12:28 PM EST
---- 12:31: WhosAdam defeated by lennartVH01
---- 12:32: MegaTracker515 defeated by lennartVH01
---- 12:36: cakelegends died by falling.
lennartVH01 wins.

Round 2
Match Type: Standard PvP
Match Start: 12:50 PM EST
---- 12:51: WhosAdam defeated by ACagliano
---- 12:52: MegaTracker515 defeated by ACagliano
---- 12:53: lennartVH01 defeated by ACagliano
---- 12:54: cakelegends defeated by ACagliano
ACagliano wins

Round 3
Match Type: Mob Mayhem
Match Start: 1:31
---- 1:36: ACagliano died
---- 1:43: cakelegends died.
MegaTracker515 wins.

##################################################
Jungle PVP Results: Top 4

1. ACagliano -- 9 wins -- 15 kills / 5 deaths
2. TurquoiseDrag0n -- 4 wins -- 6 kills / 2 deaths
3. Chauronslilsis -- 4 wins -- 3 kills / 1 death
4. Rivereye -- 3 wins -- 3 kills / 6 deaths

Match in the new arena theme tonight at 8:30 pm EST. I think I might create a new topic for the new theme.

Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours