Hi everyone,

I was recently writing a TI-BASIC program using SourceCoder and, unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a way to insert a negative sign. I'm aware I could just subtract the absolute value of the number I want from zero, but this isn't exactly ideal. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
If you want writing a BASIC program then you can use TI-Connect CE much easier. It has a negative sign included.
The negative sign in SourceCoder is "~", to differentiate between the subtraction symbol and the negative sign. So to store -5 to A, you would write:

Code:
~5→A
mr womp womp wrote:
The negative sign in SourceCoder is "~", to differentiate between the subtraction symbol and the negative sign. So to store -5 to A, you would write:

Code:
~5→A

Alright, thanks!
Feel free to let us know if you run across any other symbols you're not sure how to type. Also, the token pane on the right side of the editor can help you with the exact spelling/capitalization of all of the tokens.
CalcMeister wrote:
If you want writing a BASIC program then you can use TI-Connect CE much easier. It has a negative sign included.
Not to hate on SourceCoder, of course. I use it all the time for ASM and the like. ^_^

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours