Well, since everyone here needs money (me included), I thought I would take the initiative in starting a topic to discuss various *legal* techniques for generating $$$ for our projects.
a job Razz Rolling Eyes
that would make way too much sense, and what if no one is hiring, and is in fact many are scaling back?
Make a massively multiplayer online game that doesn't require anything other than a browser and 800x600, then charge people $1 or so to join the game. Oh wait, I'm already doing that. Nvm.
KermMartian wrote:
Make a massively multiplayer online game that doesn't require anything other than a browser and 800x600, then charge people $1 or so to join the game. Oh wait, I'm already doing that. Nvm.

too bad no one would join - there are already many MMOs that fit that description, and all are free
You really should keep a free version around. Then make a $1 membership or something for new buildings and other stuff.
foamy3 wrote:
You really should keep a free version around. Then make a $1 membership or something for new buildings and other stuff.
Maybe I will. Hmmm

Kllrnohj: reeeeally...such as?
Runescape comes to mind here, though not the best example.
Do they generate an image online though of the map? And is it a map in the same sense that mine is?
rivereye wrote:

Runescape is what I was thinking of when I suggested the free version & membership. I have a level 77. I used to love that game. Now I can't stand it.
I don't think I ever hit 30, never was really a fan of it.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj: reeeeally...such as?

http://www.urbandead.com/ - pretty fun if all you got is a webbrowser, although not necessarily the *best* example, i'm sure you can find others. Just google for "free web browser MMO"

runscape is "high-end" example, with its fancy java powered graphics
Wow, those Runescape graphics are nice! I was starting to think about what I could do if Multiplicity was in Flash, but I want to try to keep it as simple as possible for the client.
Why not just make it free and use AdWords?
Indeed. I bet I could also make some money with letting people accelerate their progress by purchasing tyes (the monetary denomination) with $$...
@foamy: If you want, you could sell your character on eBay; Runescape characters and items sell for ridiculous prices there Shock
foamy3 wrote:
rivereye wrote:

Runescape is what I was thinking of when I suggested the free version & membership. I have a level 77. I used to love that game. Now I can't stand it.

I agree, i almost run up and beat people on the head for mentioning it now, I finally traded my level 83 account for like 10 gold / green items in Guild Wars (don't you play that?)
I myself have lost a lot of interest in playing games on my computer, don't really know why either.
I personally prefer playing console games, as the quality of console games are generally higher than that of regular PC games.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I personally prefer playing console games, as the quality of console games are generally higher than that of regular PC games.

Mainly because console companies have to get it right the first time, computer companies can patch and patch again.

Also, there are still some REALLY fun games out there (I am addicted to Warcraft 3, and Guild Wars).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours