I was bored and started experimenting with my TI-86. So I created to programs: ab, and bc. The program "ab" ran the program "bc" and "bc" ran "ad". Here's the code for them to make it clearer:

The code for "ab":

:bc

The code for "bc":

:ab

So, when I ran "ab", it just kept on going, like I expected, but I couldn't abort the program when I pressed on. Probably something to do with the programs switching to quickly. Then, after a while, I got "Error 15 Memory". I had a few guesses why that happenned.

I just thought that was kind of neat.

Now, I found out the grayscale background thing a while ago. It involves using the MLC sprite editor. Do make the background, here's what you must do:

1. Type "Asm(spredit)" and press ENTER
2. Select a size - 8x8 or 18x16
3. Draw an image
4. Press 2nd, then press ON, which turns the calculator off.
5. When you turn you calculator back on (press ON Rolling Eyes), you'll be back at the homescreen, except it will have a background. The background will be the same as your image except, any light gray will become dark gray, dark gray will become white, and the "clear" places will become light gray except they will have two black spots.

Then, if you choose to go to the graph screen, the graph screen will be messed up, and if you go back to the homescreen from there, your new background will be what was on the graph screen. While you have your background, you can run programs, perform math, etc. Just run the spredit again to get rid of the background (except don't turn off the calculator while it's running).

Unfortunately, I can't take a screenshot of this because if I take a screenshot with TI Connect, it doesn't show the background and Virtual TI won't let me do this (it won't let me turn off my calculator while spredit is running).
try tilem and see if it works there
Also try PindurTI. It has the most accurate emulation of all the emulators.
I don't think Pindur TI emulates the TI-86 Razz .

Also, TiLem require a lot of stuff, and isn't exactly a friendly install, but anyway, I have a TI-86 ROM in TiLem's main directory, in the /bin directory, and the /bin/ROMS directory, and I've tried dragging the TI-86 ROM over to TiLem, but it still says "Couldn't find any ROMS".
how is the ROM named, iit needs to have a specific name to work.
rivereye wrote:
how is the ROM named, iit needs to have a specific name to work.
Specifically, I believe it's 6.rom that it needs to be named.
it also has to be in a specific folder. Try *gasp* READING THE MANUAL! It describes the process and makes it insanely easy. Judging by what you have done you haven't read the manual - which is why you are doing it completely wrong.
Kllrnohj wrote:
it also has to be in a specific folder. Try *gasp* READING THE MANUAL! It describes the process and makes it insanely easy. Judging by what you have done you haven't read the manual - which is why you are doing it completely wrong.
It's not in the README, it's in another file called ROMS or some other such descriptive title.
KermMartian wrote:
It's not in the README, it's in another file called ROMS or some other such descriptive title.

I never said it was in the README, I said it was in the manual (which would be all included documentation) Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I never said it was in the README, I said it was in the manual (which would be all included documentation) Smile
I know, I was just clarifying for him so that it would be easier for him to find.
I read the manual. I just forgot to rename the ROM to x6. Anyway, here are some screenshots of a grayscale background (I see potential in this):

Shock Funky. I guess the interrupt doesn't get reset, and it must use the graphscreen to store the data for the interrupt. Understandable if you think about it;.
KermMartian wrote:
Shock Funky. I guess the interrupt doesn't get reset, and it must use the graphscreen to store the data for the interrupt. Understandable if you think about it;.

That would be cool to put into a program. Prolly the first background changing proggy Smile
Yeah, it's understandable. I think that's just totally awesome though. Cool I see potential in this.
Could it be ported to the 83+?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours