I just bought a town for my island, only to find out that I can't claim all of it because it is to close to Arcadia. Would it be possible to remove, or reduce, the minimum distance between towns? I'm not even sure why there is a minimum distance.
I agree that there shouldn't be a minimum distance for towns.
As for why it exists in the first place, the minimum distance is probably a default setting. On a large public server, imagine someone claiming all the land in a ring around your town to be rude. While that obviously​ wouldn't happen here, if the default which took that into consideration wasn't changed, it still applies.
Ivoah wrote:
I just bought a town for my island, only to find out that I can't claim all of it because it is to close to Arcadia. Would it be possible to remove, or reduce, the minimum distance between towns? I'm not even sure why there is a minimum distance.
Three reasons:
1) Prevent towns from crowding each other out (ie, maintaining towns' ability to grow)
2) Prevent towns from being built right on top of each other, for either benign or malicious reasons
3) Historical reasons from prevent players from building a raiding town/base right on top of an enemy.
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:
Three reasons:
1) Prevent towns from crowding each other out (ie, maintaining towns' ability to grow)
2) Prevent towns from being built right on top of each other, for either benign or malicious reasons
3) Historical reasons from prevent players from building a raiding town/base right on top of an enemy.

Do you think it would be possible to make an exception for Arcadia and Lambdasia?
1) I made sure it was alright with Arcadia's owner before building my base on the island, so preventing Arcadia's expansion isn't a concern
2) why would this be a problem (aside from expansion and crowding like you mentioned in point #1)
3) as the server is non-PvP now this is really a non-issue