Amdkillsintel wrote:
I can't get into the properties menu, when I click it it disappears.

Probably the same key buffer problem as why the TI-OS has the 2nd symbol when you close DSC with 2nd.
Exactly. It seems that across the board, I need to double-check my debouncing.
Another problem is when the use the display button and move the contrast slider to max light, the screen blanks and the calc freezes and I have to reset it.
Actually, I don't think it froze. I think the contrast turned way down. Kerm has now fixed that.
Amdkillsintel wrote:
Another problem is when the use the display button and move the contrast slider to max light, the screen blanks and the calc freezes and I have to reset it.
The contrast just gets turned down to zero. I fixed that in my private version, and I made a bunch of other advances with it. I'll see if I can post up a list of what I've done.
That would be great.
Yup, I'm trying to churn through the bugs list as fast as possible. Here's that list of what I fixed that I mentioned:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51752#51752
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, I'm trying to churn through the bugs list as fast as possible. Here's that list of what I fixed that I mentioned:
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=51752#51752

Excellent, maybe the changed contrast thing might also help solve the battery meter not displaying properly (A problem apparent on my calculator).
Not sure that it did; I believe they're two completely unrelated issues. I still have yet to replicate your problem though. Sad
Are you sure the batteries are okay, Amdkillsintel? Does a fresh pack of duracell or energizor show up as new?
I believe he said he did indeed try that at one point, and it continued to show the battery power incorrectly.
foamy3 wrote:
Are you sure the batteries are okay, Amdkillsintel? Does a fresh pack of duracell or energizor show up as new?
I used a pack of rechargable Duracells, and I left my calc on running Phoenix, and when the low power message started showing I looked in Doors and the meter was still full.
Indeed, that's a problem then. This is an SE; I'll have to do some more debugging. Don't worry, I'll get this solved eventually. Razz
The problem is the rechargeables... they only provide 1.2 volts of power, your calc needs 1.5 per batt... so they're like half dead before you even use them, in terms of calc power...

Kerm, if i'm wrong, correct me... but this has happened to me, and it's the only solution i know. Rechargeables are bad for calcs...
alex10819 wrote:
The problem is the rechargeables... they only provide 1.2 volts of power, your calc needs 1.5 per batt... so they're like half dead before you even use them, in terms of calc power...

Kerm, if i'm wrong, correct me... but this has happened to me, and it's the only solution i know. Rechargeables are bad for calcs...
Quite true. You have a good point here - except AmdKillsIntel says that the meter appears full, not empty.
KermMartian wrote:
Quite true. You have a good point here - except AmdKillsIntel says that the meter appears full, not empty.

The opposite can be true as well, depending on the rechargeable. If they are lithium or some variant, they will put out more power continuously than a regular alkaline AA at the same voltage

Try comparing what DCS says to that of an actual battery meter.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The opposite can be true as well, depending on the rechargeable. If they are lithium or some variant, they will put out more power continuously than a regular alkaline AA at the same voltage

Try comparing what DCS says to that of an actual battery meter.
Ora multimeter. It sounds to me like he's using NiMHs or even rechargeable alkalines, which do indeed give out 1.2v max.
wait, I have been using NiMH in my calc and not had problems (in fact, it seems to run longer on them the alkalines). I never tried a power meter program on my calc though (sorry, but my calc will be DCS free until I know all bugs are 100% gone, I almost lost my calc to a bug).

Edit: post 4296.
Longer, sure, but they might just have a less steep discharge curve.
rivereye wrote:
wait, I have been using NiMH in my calc and not had problems (in fact, it seems to run longer on them the alkalines). I never tried a power meter program on my calc though (sorry, but my calc will be DCS free until I know all bugs are 100% gone, I almost lost my calc to a bug).

Edit: post 4296.

What happened to your calc?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours