Doors CS has a much better polished interface then Mirage comparable to Windows or Linux. The battery meter is helpful. I don't like the new icon based menu though, too small the old text based ones were better. My main problem is that Mirage seems to run all my Ion and Basic programs without problems, while Doors CS struggles, and 5 out of my 16 programs won't run and I usually get a #506 Error Message. I check to see if Doors CS is the only thing running in ram, but I just can't get the programs to work. Another problem for me is that when I quit a program it remains unarchived and eats up ram, causing me to quit Doors to archive the program, while Mirage doesn't. The only good thing so far is that Doors CS resets my calc and kills programs that it can't run but Mirage can, though that kills Doors itself too and I have to reinstall it, numerous times already. I hope that these issues will be fixed in Doors CS v 6. I am running Doors CS v 5.4 (but might revert back to Doors CS v 5.0 because v 5.4 is beta) on a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition.
Well, the app form is being built right now... Hopefully Kerm is taking our advice and for the time being, just getting the shell out, and leaving off the GCN stuff, so the shell itself can start being passed around...
DCS is (or is it has?) switched to an App form in the latest versions. This should help with the available RAM issues and RAM resets. Kerm has, I believed, fixed many bugs in the newest beta, but I'm not sure if there has been a release of it yet.
You don't have the latest version. Check out this:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/archives.php?mode=file&path=/83/asm/shells/doorscs.zip
For now Doors CS will have to share space with Mirage OS, though it might change with the next release, oh and the memory meter doesn't work with my calc after v 5 all the way up to v 5.4.
Amdkillsintel wrote:
For now Doors CS will have to share space with Mirage OS, though it might change with the next release, oh and the memory meter doesn't work with my calc after v 5 all the way up to v 5.4.
I know, that was a minor bug I didn't notice. Keep those bug reports coming.
Got latest version (Doors CS v 5.5 ?), much imporved interface, icons like contrast and others on the left side of taskbar have been moved to a start menu, good, easier to know what each icon does now with words by them. Icons still retained for right click on prog though...wish text. Memory meter works now, and it's finally an app, so I won't have to keep reinstalling Doors when clearing ram. Scroll bar bug though... Program called Lemonade (flash based) won't run shows up undefined, and then I went to ram and Doors didn't archieve it had to do by hand. GUI getting better and more of my programs run now, keep going.
Awesome, glad to hear that your opinion of it is improving. Hope you continue to keep an eye out for betas as I get them out.
Start menu opens but, when I click on an icon or the word beside it nothing happens, the start menu just closes back up. The battery meter didn't turn all black when I installed fresh new batteries. I hope that new releases will change this.
If you take a look at the roadmap: you'll see I'm not due to do the Doors CS menu (the "start" menu) until Doors CS 5.9. Right now I'm working on the interactive text functions.
So which version are we on right now? On my calc it says DoorsCS6 though the manual says DoorsCS 5.4.
The version you have is 5.5 beta 1. I currently have an alpha of 5.7, which is supposed to be done by August 1st.
So the menu is non functional, but will become functional in new releases like Doors CS6 right? It's just there as the GUI gets changed.
You understand perfectly. Right now I'm actually using the DCS Menu trigger to launch my GUI test script.
Looking at the roadmap, I really wish bug fixes weren't put off until the end. It prevents me from using DCS at all really. If you were to make a fixed version now without all the fancy stuff you are making right now, people would get on board, and I'm sure the final release of DCS would be a big event. Right now, I believe most people prefer the relatively bug free MOS to DCS, but I feel a large portion of them would be converted if DCS was bug free or at least the important bugs were fixed. Mainly I'm talking about the number errors (#501,#506 etc) and the scroll bug. I know it's a royal pain the in @ss to fix these, but I believe it has precedence over all this other stuff, especially the unneccessary (but still totally awesome) gcn and calcnet. Please, do all of us a favor and fix these bugs Kerm.

Alright, I think that's harsh enough for now. Just know this Kerm, I wouldn't harass you about this stuff if I didn't care alot about DCS. Good luck, and God speed.
yeah, bug fixing SHOULD come first. Although chip, now that DCS is open source, you COULD help Kerm out with that bug fixing rather than just complaining about it Wink (assuming Kerm is, of course, keeping the source up to date.... Rolling Eyes )
It is indeed up to date. OK, I think I could do that with the scroll bug and the errors. I'll get on it tomorrow and release it as 5.5 beta 2.
Yay! Smile

@Kllrnohj: I tried to fix the scroll bug the day the source was released, but I found it impossible to understand parts of Kerm's code. I feel that my time is better spent on my own projects where I understand my own code, and Kerm's time is better spent on his. I was merely making a suggestion as to what is more crucial in DCS. If there is any reasonable way possible for me to assist Kerm with the bugs, I will gladly lend a helping hand.
What I really wish is that I didn't have to deal with the textediting code myself, but that's far too obfuscated to expect someone else to have to work on it. Smile
Does the battery meter and memory meter not work for anyone else or just me Question

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours