Do you want a regenerating End World and/or Nether World?
Yes to both.
 81%  [ 9 ]
Yes to an End World version, and I'll post why.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes to an Nether World version, and I'll post why.
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

So, my proposal is that an End World version (and possibly a Nether World as well) of the Abba resource world be created, rebuilding on the same schedule as Abba. It seems like it could be fun, and would enable newer players to get access to resources that have apparently already been entirely consumed in the existing End World. Thoughts?
Moved this topic into the Cemetech-MC Server category. We also have Suggestion topic. That said, I'm interested to see what discussion comes out of this.

Reasoning why we don't have dedicated End and Nether Abba:
    There's really no particular reason. Abba is meant to be a resource world and we never really anticipated a desire for End or Nether resource worlds. A few weeks ago we did have an Abba that was an End world for the weekend. This world did not include the main island so players were still encouraged to visit the Main Abba to fight the dragon.

When I visited the Nether to make the Ghast farm platform and path I definitely saw the need for a Nether abba. So I'm on board with this idea. But it seems you're asking for there to be two additional Abba worlds rather than a random chance the original Abba world regenerates as a Nether or End? And that's where I'd like to steer the discussion. On whether we should replace Abba with a random chance of End or Nether generation or have a dedicated Abba for each. There's also a slight chance that creating a portal in Nether Abba may spawn players in a new overworked so I'd have to see if I can prohibit the placement of obsidian or something.

I'd love to hear your guys' input on this matter as well!
I think we should keep the overworld abba just as it is, and add additional abba worlds.
I voted for just a nether abba world, but after reconsidering it, I think end and nether abba worlds would be good.
I'll post this here because it's something we've done as one event now, and it went over exceedingly well.

From now on, the last weekend of each month, we'll be providing one of the following:

Mansion raiding world
End raiding world
Nether raiding world

Comic is full on board with this idea, and Kerm didn't seem too upset either, so we can plan this being a staple.

Which means we need to get something set up for this weekend :p
So, what I am most interested in, ideally, is 2 additional Abba worlds, one for Nether, and one for End world. I think it is still possible to combine that with creating fun and interesting events. You can always make events in those worlds with specific layouts for things like scavenger hunts, raids, etc.
Earth Dragon wrote:
So, what I am most interested in, ideally, is 2 additional Abba worlds, one for Nether, and one for End world. I think it is still possible to combine that with creating fun and interesting events. You can always make events in those worlds with specific layouts for things like scavenger hunts, raids, etc.

I'll put this here for now, but.. We have to be wary of things like harddrive space. Adding even more worlds to be continuously in there will eat up even more room on the disks. And with having a world once a month for a weekend, people will have something to look forward to and enjoy tackling.

But we'll keep churning this idea around, see where it takes us, and please feel free to keep throwing ideas at us!
*Bump*

Instead of having extra Abba world, couldn't you just make the existing abba world part nether/part end as well? Just add the biomes?
Perhaps add shulker shells and quartz to the loot tables in abba as a rarity (Like 1 in 50 for shulker shells, in a quantity of one or two, and quartz as 1 in 25 in a quantity of 8-64)
As end cities are the primary reason for an End ABBA world, it might be interesting to have one end city and one end ship that have a (separate) small chance of regenerating when the dragon is killed.
This is more similar to vanilla behavior than an ABBA world, as both (practically) require that a dragon be spawned and killed for an end city to be found. An end gateway linking to the end city could generate above the return portal to indicate regeneration of the end city and provide a quick way to get there.
It could also replace the elytra drop system without making them any easier to get so long as the end ship chance is the same as the current elytra drop chance. Also, the elytra doesn't have a chance to fall into the portal.
I could incorporate this into my end plugin. I haven't been working on it much lately as I have been having trouble overriding the vanilla fight, but I could add this feature in relatively easily.
Alternatively, the dragon could drop shulker shells, too.

(I'm thinking a 10-25% chance for two, i.e. one shulker box)
Guys, we offer the other worlds as events already, and they seem to work out just fine. You get an entire weekend to traverse the areas to find (in the instance of the end) cities and ships for loot. Personally, I'd love to see an end that is 100k blocks out from 0,0.

As it stands right now, the way we run the end of the month worlds will be how we are going forward.