Is a chatbot for a calculator a good idea?
Yes!
 75%  [ 9 ]
No
 8%  [ 1 ]
Only if it was really good
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Hi everyone interested in a chatbot for calculators, I decided to build one.
Any ideas for:
- Words and phrases to respond
- Responses
- user interface(s)
- Anything!
Well, you could always just do basic calculations using the expr() command, so let's say our chatbot is named Bob

Here's how something like that would look: (User interactions in bold)

BOB, CALCULATE 5+2*3
5+2*3 = 11
THANKS
YOU ARE WELCOME!

That would look something like this: (although this is really messy and not optimized or tested, this is just an idea of what it could look like)

Code:
While 1 //repeat forever
"BOB, CALCULATE -> Str2 //"BOB, CALCULATE" with the actual command that you decide to add
length(Str2 -> A
Input "",Str1
If length(Str1) >= A
Then
If Str2 = sub(Str1, 1, A
Then
sub(Str1, A, length(Str1) - A) -> Str3
//this is your response
Disp Str3 + " = " toString(expr(Str3
End
End

//here's the second command, I just copied the code for the first and changed some things

"THANKS -> Str2 //"THANKS" with the actual command that you decide to add
length(Str2 -> A
Input "",Str1
If length(Str1) >= A
Then
If Str2 = "THANKS" or Str2 = "THANK YOU" //You can let multiple inputs be the same command, as long as the test for length is of the shorter one
Then
Disp "YOU ARE WELCOME!
End
End
End

I should have probably tested that, there's going to be at least a hundred major errors with that (i.e. it doesn't run)

I hope this helps...
Quote:

Yes!

No

Quote:
Would you like to see a KSP for the CE?

Yes

No

this seems to be a trend since I actually got my options from a different thread!Laughing (I don't remember which one though)

This seems like a fun project to do! Although, I think you should add an option called "as long as it's not like nikkybot" Razz
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Although, I think you should add an option called "as long as it's not like nikkybot" Razz

No, a chatbot like nikkybot is even more fun, to have fun during boring math class Razz
PT_ wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Although, I think you should add an option called "as long as it's not like nikkybot" Razz

No, a chatbot like nikkybot is even more fun, to have fun during boring math class Razz

Nah, programming on a calculator is the way to go!

(And you guys wonder why I have so many programs on my calc...)
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Quote:

Yes!

No

Quote:

Yes

No

this seems to be a trend since I actually got my options from a different thread!0x5 (I don't remember which one though)

This seems like a fun project to do! Although, I think you should add an option called "as long as it's not like nikkybot" Razz

See https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=260048#260048
c4ooo wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Quote:

Yes!

No

Quote:

Yes

No

this seems to be a trend since I actually got my options from a different thread!0x5 (I don't remember which one though)

See https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=260048#260048

yea I got the idea for the poll from you. I thought it would be a good fit for a lot of different program polls and stuff.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours