How would I make Latenite generate a Flash Application? Does it only generate in .8xp? I'm using AppHeader to make it's header.

I'm also reading stuff about that Flash Applications must be signed or something in order to work, and there is a program that does this. Does anybody know what it is? I have the Flash Debugger, and that might be the program that signs applications, but I'm not sure how to make it sign them.
bfr wrote:
How would I make Latenite generate a Flash Application? Does it only generate in .8xp? I'm using AppHeader to make it's header.

I'm also reading stuff about that Flash Applications must be signed or something in order to work, and there is a program that does this. Does anybody know what it is? I have the Flash Debugger, and that might be the program that signs applications, but I'm not sure how to make it sign them.

All i know is that to 'sign' then you use something called wabbit (in the ti 83+ flash sdk). That might help a little.
look at the getting started topic in this forum...
The Flash Debugger should come with Wappsign. In my computer, it's in this directory: \TI-83 Plus Flash Debugger\Utils
The best Apping kit that I've found (and used) is Dwedit's App Kit. In my experience, it's an awesome kit. The only draw-back is that it uses TASM. It's still worth looking at.
http://www.revsoft.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=21

SPASM: like TASM except faster. Just remember that APPs can't use SMC, all calls are bcalls unless you loaded parts of your program into a RAM page (then it'd still be call). I haven't made an APP before, but your guide should tell you all the details about how APPs differ from regular ASM programs.

I don't like Paging Sad but your probably use to it because 86s have ~9kb RAM pages that constantly need turning. am I right? 86 looks so powerful in terms of graphics, just difficult in terms of paging and data.

http://www.revsoft.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=23

Wabbitsign

iirc, this is both a linker and an APP signer. Just run it through commandline like you would TASM and devpac.
Liazon wrote:
all calls are bcalls unless you loaded parts of your program into a RAM page (then it'd still be call).

I know this to be untrue because I've made an App myself. You only need to bcall when your switching the current page (Like if you have a multipage app), otherwise just calling is fine. Call will just go to the address that cooresponds to it on the current page (be it ROM or RAM).

Here are the differences between App programming and Ram programming (and yes I've done both):

1: Apps cannot have Self-Modifying-Code
----This means that you cannot have variables equated as part of the program. You need to use other parts of spare RAM as variable storage instead.
2: Apps cannot use certain bcalls.
----These are _puts and _vputs. The solution is to either create your own routine using a loop of _putc or vputmap, or load this data into RAM and then bcall it.
3: Apps can only be multiples of 16kb in size (ie. they cannot have partial pages, they take up the whole thing)
4: Apps are assembled differently (as you know) and require signing.
----This is still alot easier than it used to be. Before they released the key, you had to submit your app to TI for each build. At least you don't have to sign to use it in an emulator.
I agree that DWedit's App tools pwn. I modified it with only minimal effort to use Brass, and it's awesome.
OK, thanks. I have a question though - what is the "branch table"?
A branch table is ony necessary for multipage apps. It is a set of labels that tells the TI-OS how to bcall to routines on other pages of your app. If you are making a singlepage app, it's not important.
How exactly does a multipaged app work? Is it like the main method is < size of 1 ROM page and then the main method relies on routines, possible found on other pages to coordinate everything? Or can the program go from one page to the next?
The program can jump from one page to others, but you can't directly access data on a page when you are on another page.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours