I'm back at it again! Took Macro Man Alex to the beach for the heck of it. Decided to get some slo-mo video of him looking at the waves but I wasn't really sure what I'd use the video for. Well, turns out he got totally rekt by a wave. So, enjoy this video.

Thankfully, I found a use for this video! I decided to try my hand at a cinemagraph. It's pretty easy to do but finding a good clip - or at least part of a clip - to use is not. But nonetheless, here's my very first attempt. I've got a few other spots in the video I want to try to make a cinemagraph from - that'll hopefully produce a better result - but I definitely plan to go back with a tripod for my phone and give this a proper go. This is the small size, click the image for a nice 720p gif.

There are plenty of Cinemagraph tutorials out there but maybe I'll make my own for Cemetech! Wink
Finally got around to giving this another shot and have a slightly better result. I think the transition is a still bit too harsh but it was a pretty awful source video anyways, as I didn't shoot it with the goal of making a cinemagraph. I'm hoping to shoot some more source material to make cinemagraphs from this weekend.

My second Cinemagraph! Took this of my friend for her painting. She really likes to paint, and has a side job doing group paint nights, and she loves doing it. So we collaborated and created this. It's not as good as other cinemagraphs, and I frankly don't know how they keep all those colors, but she loves it. And that's what matters. I will definitely be working on this to both improve the quality and size. This is so small and terrible because of Facebooks limitations. Profile videos need to be under 4MB and 7 seconds or something so, I had to cut a few corners in terms of size. This exists in 1080p but right now size is the limiting factor and that none of the changes I did were to the original so I need to go back and implement all those tweaks so I can keep the quality, and find somewhere that will keep the quality as a gif!

This was the second one we did. The first one was not as interesting. I forgot to set the white balance on the camera so it was really blue. So we came back to it and spent some time staging the room as well. Also, her B&W cat wasn't in a good spot - originally jumping from the window to the table - and was blurry. In the new photo we brainstormed and and managed to get this and her second cat in it as well!
I'm only interested in one question:
Are those real cats?

Just Joking
I've never heard of a Cinemagraph before but they look really cool!
One critique I have is the motion where here hand goes up, then slightly jerks to a stop, then goes back down again. Would it be possible to smoothen that out so it looks a little more natural? Other than that I really like this!

A better question: What was she painting? By the looks of the paintings around the room it's going to look very good! Very Happy
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I'm only interested in one question:
Are those real cats?

Yup!

Quote:
I've never heard of a Cinemagraph before but they look really cool!
One critique I have is the motion where here hand goes up, then slightly jerks to a stop, then goes back down again. Would it be possible to smoothen that out so it looks a little more natural? Other than that I really like this!

Yeah, there are a few other issues I'm smoothing out for the higher quality version that I didn't catch. For this one, I basically only took the frames of the brush going down then reversed it. But in the original version she paints up and down a few times before it loops. I'll do a similar trick for the HD version to try and make it as small a file size as possible.

Quote:
A better question: What was she painting? By the looks of the paintings around the room it's going to look very good! Very Happy

Absolutely nothing. It's a dry brush on a blank canvas. I wanted to put some paint on her arm or cheek but I was overruled. I even wanted to put a painted canvas there and get an over the shoulder angle but we didn't get around to that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours