Apparently there's a lack of ham radio talk on the forums Sad

The other day, I set up an EchoLink node running off of some spare parts. Ivoah was able to connect to it, and complete a contact with me via 70cm FM.

Any adventures/misadventures with ham radio? Post them here!
I just got my ham radio license a few weeks ago as a requirement for one of my classes.
I've had a ton of fun using it so far. The first time I was on air was for a contest where you try to contact as many people as possible. Over the course of two nights me and a few other people managed to contact 200 people across the US and even a few outside the US.

I'd highly recommend anyone even slightly considering getting a ham radio license to just do it. It's only $15 for a license you can keep for the rest of your life. When I was studying, I found hamstudy.org to be invaluable. I only have my general license right now, but am considering trying to get extra class over thanksgiving break.
Ivoah wrote:
I just got my ham radio license a few weeks ago as a requirement for one of my classes.
I've had a ton of fun using it so far. The first time I was on air was for a contest where you try to contact as many people as possible. Over the course of two nights me and a few other people managed to contact 200 people across the US and even a few outside the US.

I'd highly recommend anyone even slightly considering getting a ham radio license to just do it. It's only $15 for a license you can keep for the rest of your life. When I was studying, I found hamstudy.org to be invaluable. I only have my general license right now, but am considering trying to get extra class over thanksgiving break.

I, too, have a license, and when studying for the test, hamstudy.org was the thing that allowed me to pass it. Now though, I don't use radio's for much at all except when me and my brother use them as a walkie-talkie system in various scenarios.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours