» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
The AI is semi-functional now. Cool
I worked some more on mine today, I worked out a system for attack too Smile I am going to eliminate a few towers for this release though (for time mainly).
Now the AI is fully functional, except for a couple of stupid moves. Very Happy Now on to the features...
I think I've done all the updating I want to do for now. Maybe later when I have more time I'll make a 2-Player mode and add a menu and high scores. I'll email it momentarily.
Superb. And if you think of something else in the meantime, you can always send it again up to the 15th.
I input the stats and finished the program used to build Smile

Now onto the rest of the attacking functions...
Just wondering, would it be ok to use Basic Builder to package it into an app? (I would also include a group file and the ungrouped files)
I assume since you're asking this question that you are already done with your contest entry. That means three entries so far. I wonder if anyone else will enter. Anyway, I think BasicBuilder will be okay. After all, the programs will still be in BASIC. They'll just be in an App.
something1990 wrote:
I assume since you're asking this question that you are already done with your contest entry. That means three entries so far. I wonder if anyone else will enter. Anyway, I think BasicBuilder will be okay. After all, the programs will still be in BASIC. They'll just be in an App.

Can you still view the source when it is basic buildered? The judges would need to see the source, I would imagine.
No, I am not quite done with mine, I was just wondering. I am going to try to finish more of it later. I finished all the building stuff (and also changed all y's to z's) and now I need to link the moving and attacking together Wink

Also, I will include the ungrouped and grouped files along with it. Basic builder is just for convenience (I did manage to cut down the number of sub programs from 7 to about 3 now, so less of an annoyance in the program menu)

P.S. I really hope that an 84+ SE runs this faster than the 83+ ...
I would prefer ones that will run outside of BASIC Builder (that is me). For the contest, I do like the ability to rate the source (as this does kind of lead to BASIC Elite). I will be testing non-BASIC Builder programs though.
ok, I will include all 3 than.

P.S. The source is screwed up, I pretty much came back to this project a month after starting and had forgotten what almost all of it did Evil or Very Mad I am definitely not going to get any optimization prizes for this anytime soon Razz
well, I hope you at least have some optimize as you go kind of thing.
I have been doing that though Very Happy

I am more focused on speed for this, even the tiny speed differences.
Do you have TI-Graphlink 83+? That program is so useful. It was lots of help when I had to change all the y's in my source. Just load the program, replace all y's in the source code, and save. Good as new. I also used it to add indentation to the source, but you'll need to unindent before testing on -calc.
This is kinda off topic, but does anyone know whether having spaces in your program will slow it down? Because have a lot of spaces in mine (to keep myself from being too confused).
it might because it has to translate it. I would get rid of them before release if I were you.
Harq wrote:
This is kinda off topic, but does anyone know whether having spaces in your program will slow it down? Because have a lot of spaces in mine (to keep myself from being too confused).

Yes, but the difference is negligleable (even for BASIC). All it will be doing is reading the token, checking for what type of token it is, and, since its a newline character or space, skip it

I would remove those for any releases, but as a debugging/program practice, whitespace == good Wink
I used spaces in my entry to distinguish between different stages in the program. Removing the spaces didn't cause a noticeable speed increase. You have to have quite a lot of spaces to slow down the program. Try making a program with just 100 new lines and it will finish in around a second.
The difference is very negligible. If it has to run enough it will cost a couple of seconds.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours