I was browsing TI calc today, and i noticed that there was a new shell added yesterday (2 actually, but the otherone is command line), MacroDie is the name of it and from the description

Quote:
Macrodie is an OS that can execute multiple instances at the same time and aplication's too. It has the ability to run libraries, but it is an alpha test version and many bugs need to be corrected. But I want to show what i'm doing.

No idea whether they will develop it any more, but I think it is interesting none the less.

Edit: Even more interesting stuff in the readme:

Quote:
This is Macrodie Operating Source Shell, major features for this shell goes
to the fact that it can run multiple aplications and programs at the same time
another thing it introduces the concept of libraries and drivers to the Z80 CPU.
This Shell have been developed to the ti84plus Silver edition but it works on
ti84plus as in the ti83plus and ti83pSe...
Drivers are a major feature for ti84plus and se as with them we can acssess for example to an USB-FLASH DISK but withouth have
to program the driver, once the driver have been made we can include it on macrodie by simple installing its app and then create our programs
to acssess the USB
Im not gonna test it out on a real calc unless they have a more professional readme.
I think it is still an interesting shell.
Harq wrote:
I was browsing TI calc today, and i noticed that there was a new shell added yesterday (2 actually, but the otherone is command line), MacroDie is the name of it and from the description

Quote:
Macrodie is an OS that can execute multiple instances at the same time and aplication's too. It has the ability to run libraries, but it is an alpha test version and many bugs need to be corrected. But I want to show what i'm doing.

No idea whether they will develop it any more, but I think it is interesting none the less.

Edit: Even more interesting stuff in the readme:

Quote:
This is Macrodie Operating Source Shell, major features for this shell goes
to the fact that it can run multiple aplications and programs at the same time
another thing it introduces the concept of libraries and drivers to the Z80 CPU.
This Shell have been developed to the ti84plus Silver edition but it works on
ti84plus as in the ti83plus and ti83pSe...
Drivers are a major feature for ti84plus and se as with them we can acssess for example to an USB-FLASH DISK but withouth have
to program the driver, once the driver have been made we can include it on macrodie by simple installing its app and then create our programs
to acssess the USB
Meh, sounds like a n00bish hack of usb8x to me.
0x5, maybe we should actually try it... I can't right now because my graph link is screwed up =\ .
Well, if anyone tries it out, let the rest of us know. I'm too busy making Cn2 pwn. Smile
it also sounds like he ripped most of it from other peoples code if you look at the other text files. and they aren't all that well written either...
well there are no they just me rayden and i'm developing macrodie by 3 years now on my freetimes as you sugest it may be a copy of USB8x no it isn't because this one can change between many aplication pages well and the question of errors in spell is because i'm portuguese... i tested it on the debugger and no hard error have ocurred i tested it on calc and no hard error have ocurred... but feel free to try it... hard crashes will not be caused because the major part of code runs on the ram... more suggestions or bugs reports tell me to shadel540@hotmail.com and i guarate you that major part of code is doned by me 95% of work i only included 3 routines that are not mine and they are fastcopy putsprite and largesprite understood about the develop i will try to develop it more but for now i m a litle busy as i'm a coder of FreeBsd OS for X86-Cpu and its derivates. Ps about the driver that i was referring that's not what you think imagine for example a peripheral of a computer withouth the driver you couldn't acssess to it but with the driver you could a liltle more easy to make programs that use that function that what i'm referring...
Welcome, Rayden! I realized that the spelling was because English was not yourt first language when I read the readme - it sounded like someone who wasn't familiar with the language, not someone who couldn't spell. Smile I must say, I tried MacroDie out, and I thought it was fairly good. In fact, you inspired me to pick up development on some of the features I coded for Doors CS and then dropped before they were finished, namely true multithreading via memory allocation, somewhat similar to what you did. I think you created something very neat; good luck with your project.
Shock Is that your avatar? Whoa!
avatar way too large, please scale down.
Fixed it for him. What would you guys think of multiprogram support in DCS?
KermMartian wrote:

You mean like multithreading style program-switching? Meh. The screen's a *bit* too small for any usefull multitasking Wink (plus any threading would add overhead, slowing down the calc even more - and its slow enough as it is Smile )
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

You mean like multithreading style program-switching? Meh. The screen's a *bit* too small for any usefull multitasking Wink (plus any threading would add overhead, slowing down the calc even more - and its slow enough as it is Smile )
It doesn't actually multithread. Doors CS does true multithreading currently via Shell Expansions, but MacroDie switches out programs, only executing one at a time.
well thanks for the new avatar... Macrodie is teorically what we can said about multitask but you will not for now be able to resize windows because i think the screen is to small another thing you could execute mirageos under macrodie well with a few modifications and we could do that i will upload a new version today with more tree bugs corrected now it runs without making something weirds... "random features" i'm coding a new librarie witch will permite us create simple games but in 3D mode what you think about that... could be very nice you imagine what is creating a cube like
LD HL,cube_struct
LD A,(librarie_page)
invoke( create_and_rotate_cube )

cube_struct:
.db 0,0,0
;XYZ cube center,distortion,distance to the cube, distance between to vertices , angle

could be very easy and at the same time very nice, well the people at www.freebsd.org doesn't need of me for know because now the freebsd is in current alpha test, and i will try to improve macrodie more, well if DoorCS "i don't know but i will test" is an app it could be executed under macrodie could give us a great power... and an even more advanced system what you think well i wait about your replys here...
regards rayden

PS: hey there is a thing that i read macrodie doens't switch between programs it uses the interupts for doing that well execute this one then execute the other till the end then return's to the main program as nothing have happened....
awesome. great work.
rayden wrote:
...nother thing you could execute mirageos under macrodie well with a few modifications and we could do that i will upload a new version today with more tree bugs corrected now it runs without making something weirds...
I thought that it could run any app?
no not all only the macrodie ones and those who have been created for him well when i refer to modifications i was trying to say modifications on mirageos... well the cube is already created and it rotates in angle_x now i will move to y and z and in future apply textures defined by the programer....
rayden wrote:
no not all only the macrodie ones and those who have been created for him well when i refer to modifications i was trying to say modifications on mirageos... well the cube is already created and it rotates in angle_x now i will move to y and z and in future apply textures defined by the programer....
Cool. Wireframe or hidden line? Perspective or orthagonal?
well the cube is now done and it rotates by the 3 axes now i will move to the textures... i will upload an example but without any documentation as is an project that is starting for now the cube only rotates in wireframe...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours