tifreak8x wrote:
Well, I went to try this shell, but the only problem is it will not work with os 1.12. :/

Could you please tell us why it will not work for the older OS?? (I hope I am not asking a question that has already been addressed... )
I too couldn't get it to work with 1.12. My assumption is that it needs some keyhooks that weren't introduced until 1.13.
nope it does not work with that version because the startup includes to macro calls that have only been introduced on 1.13 well that what include file says for safety i put it that way...
well now the directx will include an 3D engine with raycasting and texture rendering, i should release it soon...
I wouldn't call it DirectX, as that is a microsoft copywrited name, after all Rolling Eyes
Erm, you do realize that such routines are just bloating your shell and that the vast, vast majority of programmers will have no reason to use them?
KermMartian wrote:
Erm, you do realize that such routines are just bloating your shell and that the vast, vast majority of programmers will have no reason to use them?

1) its good practice
2) its fun
3) he can brag about it
4) if he puts them there they will be used.
[offtopic]Woah, he's got an average of 98.77 words per post! Shock [/offtopic]
It looks pretty cool, but I'm not going to try it until a program is released that it can use...
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

1) its good practice
2) its fun
3) he can brag about it
4) if he puts them there they will be used.
5) It's a competitor to me and I'm therefore required by law to disparage it. Cool
Kerm has a point. As to his wordcount, many of those are links and him fighting about BSD.
What types of programs can it use?
calc84maniac wrote:

ones that are compiled for it, check out the games section on ticalc.org....it now has a folder for Macrodie...something even DCS doesn't have yet Wink
Oh, jeez I wonder how he got that. Kerm, you should talk to some people at ticalc and get a section for DCS.
elfprince13 wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:

ones that are compiled for it, check out the games section on ticalc.org....it now has a folder for Macrodie...something even DCS doesn't have yet Wink
What the heck?? I asked them about that three years ago, and they mumbled some random stuff about needing to have a lot of programs written for it before they could do that.
Yeah, there's only one macrodie program! Razz
Maybe they have a problem with Kerm or something over there (no offense, but non-cemetech members don't ever seem to be Kerm fans it seems).
Yeah, I would bet that is the bigger part of it...

Kerm, you have GOT to get the basic shell done, and stable.
Yeah, there are some examples of what people think about Kerm here.
calc84maniac wrote:
Yeah, there are some examples of what people think about Kerm here.
Ironically, many of the same things have been said about Kevin.

@Dan: don't you think I'm working day and night for that? Sad
well about that directx i will change it another think what can i say i manage unix systems for 13years and i like them very mutch althouth i'm a crazy bsd user and thats sometimes put me on other levels and conductme to another talking language, but my raycasting system is almost done and scuse me for some posts or coments im really an unix user.... bye
By the way, I noticed you added a cursor and cursor editing routine. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours