When I say this, i do not mean the go to new posts button, I mean change that or make a new button that brings you to a page that tells you all of the topics that have been posted in since you last visited Cemetech. I find it --- I N C R E D I B L Y --- annoying to not know what topics I should look at. The current new posts is not a very good indication either, what if you have been gone for a few day o.O ?

So, can you do that Kerm?

P.S. Does it normally not allow tabs? Because when i tab it just goes to the next box >.<
What are you talking about? The "go to the new posts" is based specifically on your last visit, and displays every topic that has new posts since your last visit.
yeah, I was a little lost on this one also.
Oh, and Harq, tab works that way in _every_ textbox in just about _every_ browser. Razz
I think what he wants is if you press tab in the area where you write your post, a tab will indent, but that is just a guess.
Meh, that is doable with JS, but I'd prefer to not add that. I don't know about the rest of you, but my method to streamline posting is type type type tab spacebar, and voila, it's done. Making me take my hands off the keyboard, onto the mouse, move down to Submit, and click it would be annoying at best.
New posts does not work like that for me... hmmm... Maybe it is because i almost never actually log in, i always have the log me in thing checked...

P.S. Before I went on vacation tab would indent in the forum boxes, but now it always goes to the next box (opera).
I never log out either, but"Go to the new posts" works perfectly for me. You must be doing something weird. Confused
Yeah. Oh, and jpez, logout has been fixed for a while. Harq, the tabbing is a function of your browser, not the site.
The "Go to the new posts" is a *bit* broken. Here's the deal. If you come to the site, and leave, the new posts counts that as a visit. So if you leave for 10 days (or whatever), come back, open up cemetech.net, close the browser because your mom yelled at you to clean your room first (or whatever), and then go back to cemetech.net, and hit new posts, it will say no new posts found (unless, of course, someone posted something new in the time it took to clean your room)

So in short summery of that, only visit cemetech.net if you plan on looking at all the new posts, or your gonna be SOL Smile
Yeah, I've noticed that. The only solution I can think of is not counting a visit if it's less than 5 minutes, but that would require substantial reworking of phpBB. Blame phpBB, not me. Cool
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed that. The only solution I can think of is not counting a visit if it's less than 5 minutes, but that would require substantial reworking of phpBB. Blame phpBB, not me. Cool

Or even better, only remove a thread from the "new posts" list if it is VISITED, which is the way its supposed to work (and often does at other PHPBB sites)
Nope, the way it works is it stores the time of your last visit, then lists all topics containing posts since that time.
It would be better with Kllrnohj's suggestion. Maybe instead of new posts, show unread posts.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah. Oh, and jpez, logout has been fixed for a while. Harq, the tabbing is a function of your browser, not the site.
It still doesn't seem to work correctly, because it says no post mode specified: could you make it so it redirects to some sort of page that confirms you've logged out?
Ah, that's because of where you tried to log out from. It tries to redirect you back to the previous page you were at.
Anyway, I think that unread > new.
Quote:
Or even better, only remove a thread from the "new posts" list if it is VISITED, which is the way its supposed to work (and often does at other PHPBB sites)/

But then there needs to be a feature where you can 'delete' topics in your new topics queue so that it doesn't get filled up with discussions you don't want to be in/are not a part of Smile
I agree. We really should take this up with the phpBB staff, or at least make a mod for phpBB that adds this functionality, dontcha think?
Take it a step further: Violent Revolution! Evil or Very Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours