Nah, that should be saved for something really important, like the lack of Quick Reply boxes like Invision has.
There are quick reply modules for phpbb.... although personally i never use the quick reply even when its there
I have done the quick reply for phpbb, and it wasn't all that great. It loads in every topic, whether or not you want it there. And it loads the entire reply box like you type in here, not similar to the IF one. It is not very dial-up friendly.
Ugh, that doesn't sound like a very good idea. What about something like the one that Maxcoderz has, then? That seems a little better
what do they have, I don't go there at all.
It's a single textbox at the bottom of each topic page, with two buttons, submit and preview. Submit just immediately posts the message, and preview brings you to the full preview/edit message screen.
Kerm: thats the only quick reply module I've ever seen for PHPBB. I have never seen the one that rivereye is talking about....
maybe I remember it wrong, but I do remember one, and I didn't like it.
Nor I, and same. I'm guessing someone just modified view_topic.tpl to include post_reply.tpl at the bottom. Pretty lame if you ask me. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours