I'm experimenting on my TI-84 Plus CSE calculator, but I failed to find a piece of information I need. And it seems the majority has moved to the much more powerful eZ80 platform and the less attention has been paid on the original CSE...

From WikiTI,
Quote:

Applications are stored at the top of the archive and grow downward. On the 83+, the top page is 15h; on the 84+, it is 29h, and on the 83+SE/84+SE it is at 69h.

But I couldn't find any information about TI-84 Plus CSE. What is the top page on CSE? Could anyone give me some links? Also, what is the Flash layout in general for CSE? How many Flash pages are there? Thanks.
You can find all that well documented on WikiTI. If you have further problems, please do not hesitate to post again in this thread.
LAX18 wrote:
You can find all that well documented on WikiTI. If you have further problems, please do not hesitate to post again in this thread.

I was already quoting the content from WikiTI in the original post.

Unfortunately, WikiTI has everything, the only thing I cannot find was the top Flash page number of application storage on CSE. Leaving no choice, I wrote a simple program to iterate the entire Flash memory, print all the page starts with 0x80 to brute-force the top page number on an empty emulator with only one app (i.e. 2 apps, since "Finance" was not a real app). It seems to be 0xE3 (i.e. 0x63 in port 06h, with the most significant bit 1 in port 0Eh). 0xFA was also found, but it doesn't have a name in its header and contains garbage instead, so I think it was just a coincidence.

If someone can confirm this number (Martian?), I will add it to the wiki.
That number looks right, yes.

Out of curiosity, why did you want to know this number?
Runer112 wrote:
That number looks right, yes.

Out of curiosity, why did you want to know this number?

Thanks for the confirmation.

I was just trying to implement what was suggested in the wiki article, to walk through the list of installed applications, one needs to start from the top page, and check the first byte of each page one by one, until you got a list of all applications, or found the one you are looking for.

it also looks like the only way to locate an application, as FindSym cannot be used to find an application. I noticed there was a "FindApp" routine @ 4C4Eh from TI-83 Plus System Routines reference manual, but it was not documented in WikiTI, and in the include file of CSE, there was only an entry called "_maybe_FindApp" @ 4C39h. I tried to call it, but just like its name suggested, apparently (?) it doesn't work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours