I am working on the Casio fx-CG50. I have managed to get the files set up fine with the GCC SDK 0.3. The projects are building fine when using the syscalls libraries. I have managed to get them on the calc and it can draw rectangles fine.

A few questions though:

▪ Is there any way to use custom fonts (.TFF??)(I presume that you can do by turning into a matrix and then using BBBR_PlotPoint)

▪ How do i use all the colors. I tried using hex color values for the unsigned short int but it just went back to a default green (Even when I called the 16-Bit mode)

▪ I have heard about this llgfx thingy? How can i get that into my project files?

▪ When i was filling the screen it left a white margin (about 10-20 pixels) around the left, bottom and right. I presume the sdk has some inconsistency with screen sizes. How can i fix this?

▪ Is there anyone actively developing on this who can help? The fx-CG50 came out last year yet most of the casio prizm developments are from 2012 - 2015

▪ I am kind of trying out random syscalls but am a bit worried about braking it. Can I do any serious damage?

Also follow me on github [https://github.com/osglobe]
osglobe wrote:
▪ Is there any way to use custom fonts (.TFF??)(I presume that you can do by turning into a matrix and then using BBBR_PlotPoint)
Nothing I know of. Would assume no, but you could always write your own text rendering that can use your own font(s).

Quote:
▪ How do i use all the colors. I tried using hex color values for the unsigned short int but it just went back to a default green (Even when I called the 16-Bit mode)
Sounds like you mean HTML-style color values (#ff00ff), which will tend to have unpredictable results because the calculator uses 16-bit rather than 24-bit colors. Check out the documentation on our wiki.

Quote:
▪ I have heard about this llgfx thingy? How can i get that into my project files?
No idea what that is. Do you have any more information?

Quote:
▪ When i was filling the screen it left a white margin (about 10-20 pixels) around the left, bottom and right. I presume the sdk has some inconsistency with screen sizes. How can i fix this?
That border is not usable from user programs (mentioned on the wiki page linked above, too). You have a 384x216 region to work with on the 396x224-overall display.

That's not to say you *couldn't* somehow use the whole display (by directly talking to the display controller), but you're not really intended to and I don't know how you'd go about doing it.

Quote:
▪ Is there anyone actively developing on this who can help? The fx-CG50 came out last year yet most of the casio prizm developments are from 2012 - 2015
There are a few people who occasionally pop in to the forum with some new stuff, but it feels like most of us have largely abandoned the Prizm. For my part, I haven't touched it in a while because it's not a very nice platform to work with and I'd rather spend my time with better ones.

Quote:
▪ I am kind of trying out random syscalls but am a bit worried about braking it. Can I do any serious damage?
I recall hearing stories of people bricking their Prizms with experiments or buggy programs, but couldn't tell you what might be dangerous.

The system's design and software do not seem very robust against weird experiments- it's quite reasonable to me that you could damage the hardware with the right (or wrong?) code.
Tari wrote:
Nothing I know of. Would assume no, but you could always write your own text rendering that can use your own font(s).

Actually you can use FreeType2 in order to draw TTF fonts. I have an example here: https://github.com/ComputerNerd/libfxcg-copyleft/tree/master/examples/Freetype2Example

You can also try https://github.com/nothings/stb/blob/master/stb_truetype.h but I have never used it myself although I read it is smaller and maybe faster at the expensive of quality.

If your font size is always the same you can save space by rendering it on your computer and embedding it in your application.

Also I think by llgfx you mean libfxcg.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours