‪When one man is delusional, he is called insane. When a large group of people is delusional, it is called religion.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Irregardless, it doesn't matter. The bible is flat out wrong about how the universe was created.

The bible's story of creation in genesis 1 & 2 tells who, what, when, and why the universe was created. Not specifically how. The bible's stories of creation can be integrated into a conventional "evolutionary" creation narrative, and this is how a lot of people I know justify the difference (including me).
johnbchron wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Irregardless, it doesn't matter. The bible is flat out wrong about how the universe was created.

The bible's story of creation in genesis 1 & 2 tells who, what, when, and why the universe was created. Not specifically how. The bible's stories of creation can be integrated into a conventional "evolutionary" creation narrative, and this is how a lot of people I know justify the difference (including me).

There are two creation stories. Which one are you referring to, because each story contradicts the other.

The first and second story give a different "who" to the creator of the universe.
The first and second story change what was created, and in what order, contradicting the "what" and "when"
Neither account provides a "why" behind these things. God woke up one day?

Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours