What is the best completed project of October 2017?
Cerkel Snek
 30%  [ 3 ]
Falldown
 20%  [ 2 ]
Sorcery of Uvutu PC port
 10%  [ 1 ]
Text to Morse Code
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

I hope you're not tired of all the PotM's, because here's another one! Again an impressive list, so let's see what everyone made that month.

• Cerkel Snek: Iambian created an upgraded version of the traditional game Snake for the CE, called Cerkel Snek. In this game you are a snake and you have to eat the big circle, but the main difference with Snake is that you have radial movement, which means the snake is more flexible. The screenshot looks amazing, so go take a look.
  • Color Switch (Axe): Switchblade recreated Color Switch in Axe using greyscale instead of colors. If you still have your monochrome calc, grab it and try this game!
  • Falldown: Iambian created another nice game in C, featuring a ball falling through floors until you hit the top. A screenshot in the thread explains how the game works. How far can you go?
  • FlowCE [C for TI-84+CE]: jonbush and earthnite decided to program their CE port of Flow Free in C, instead of BASIC. This resulted in much better graphics an performance. They also added 200 levels, hopefully enough for some fun hours of connecting dots with each other!
  • Gateway to Legend: 123outerme continued working on his new game, Gateway to Legend, a Zelda-like RPG. He posted a few YouTube videos in the thread with progress updates, so if you don't know what it is or want to know at what stage the program is, go check it out.
  • ICE On-Calc Sprite Editor (Huge update underway): CalcMeister ported his ICE on-calc sprite editor to ICE v2.0, including more features. At the time of writing, it's not finished, so check out the thread and motivate him to finish it!
  • KryptonIDE - A better program editor for the TI 84+ CE: Good news for everyone who's tired of the slow and awful OS program editor! KryptonicDragon has started on his own IDE, KryptonIDE, where you can view and edit BASIC/ICE programs. It includes syntax highlighting, indentation, copy-paste and much more, so I'd love to see it finished!
  • Sorcery of Uvutu PC Port: 123outerme has finally official released his PC port of Sorcery of Uvutu. The video, which he posted as well, looks pretty nice, so definitely give this a try, whether you have Windows or Linux or whatever.
  • Text to Morse Code! (with screen flash) [TI-84 Plus CE]: Do you ever want to learn Morse Code and want to receive/send it, but you don't have a light and only a calc? No problem, TheLastMillennial made an on-calc program to input morse code and see the text. Using an assembly snippet, the brightness can also change like a real light.
  • _iPhoenix_’s unloved programs.: _iPhoenix_ has made a bunch of 'unloved' programs, like Stick Hero CE, Avoid and iBase, which are actually quite nice. Just try out each program and judge yourself.

That's it, folks! You have again 10 days to vote in the poll, so don't wait too long. We're pretty nice catching up with those PotM's, only a few left until we're on scheme. Thanks everyone for their projects, and keep developing them!
I personally think my list of "unloved programs" should be removed from this POTM, because none of them were finished in October 2017 Smile
Please vote for the Text To Morse code program.
It's a great utility and with the update I released a few hours ago, restores your brightness to normal when you quit! Very Happy

Yay my project won!
Thank you to every one who voted for me and made this my first winning POTM!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours