Can we please make the poll creation interface a bit more intuitive? Thanks Shock
I see that you chose quantity over quality Razz

Or maybe the issue really is so bad that no details are required as everything is broken.
Cannot reproduce, insufficient data.
For instance, "Add Option" should only need to be clicked if I want to add another option, not to add the text box as an option.

Hmm, if I were designing that interface, I think I would:

1. Have an “add poll” button that reveals the poll input fields, rather than showing them by default and saying “If you do not want to add a poll… leave the fields blank”, which, despite the instruction, could confuse new users

2. Have input boxes for the first two poll options right off the bat, since there isn't much of a point in making a poll with just one option

3. Then rename the “add option” button to “add another option”, which makes a third, etc., input box appear
Just make each newline in a text entry box become an option. That seems the easiest to me, and removes the need for any buttons or option adding. Also way easier to edit and update/maintain.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Just make each newline in a text entry box become an option. That seems the easiest to me, and removes the need for any buttons or option adding. Also way easier to edit and update/maintain.

Building off of what Mateo said, maybe it could add a box when you type something in the next box, adding what you typed automagically.

This shouldn't be too hard to implement, and I could create a small example of this later today. (Or tomorrow. Today slipped away from me really quickly)
I like tev's ideas. A show/hide poll button and have two entry boxes already.

Building off of both Mateo and _iPhoenix_, you could type an entry, and press enter for another one to come up. On Quizlet, making flashcards and quizzing from them and playing games to remember things) is pretty similar to making a poll. It has it so that once you press tab at the bottom of the page, it adds a new set (flashcard), and adds when you press tab. it starts out with a few already there, but for polls here, there should just be two boxes, and then tab (or enter) could open up a new box. I don't really see what's wrong with the poll thing now, other than that you don't need to add one when posting a regular post.
Stop making everything so complicated haha Razz Just a simple text entry box with each line being an option is nice.
In addition to just being really annoying overall, I would like to add that the “Add Option” button on the poll creation interface gets rid of the post preview, forcing you to press preview again if you need it.
If we are commenting on changes to the poll interface, I say we should be allowed to put polls in any post, not just the first one. This would allow for progress threads to get more user feedback on their creations.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Stop making everything so complicated haha Razz Just a simple text entry box with each line being an option is nice.

Agreed on this; this is far simpler than the current system we have. Let me see what I can do Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours